Toolbox on the International Space Station

Well maintained and properly functioning tools is certainly one thing, but people who argue about the aesthetic superiority and beauty of one tool over another… well, I call these people “Mac users”. :wink:

1 Like

Ah, just to be clear. I have learned through long practice how to sharpen a carving gouge and know when it’s needed. It is between projects my tools fall out of shape and get neglected. I’m usually hiding under the covers waiting for the boogie man to go away. I just can’t be ashamed of their state. I gotta move on.

Curious to know what your tools are used for?

The best tool is the one that best lets you do the job you need/want to do, given your skills and your preferences… and your budget and access to tools.

Hardware, software, or wetware.

Woodworking tools: Mostly for pleasure and household maintenance. Electrical/electronic tools: Ditto. Software tools: Pro plus hobby. Locksmithing tools: Semi-pro. Plumbing tools: Household maintenance. Cognative tools: Human with engineering mindset.

There are probably categories I’m not thinking of, which means I haven’t stored them properly. :stuck_out_tongue:

[Grump: BBS doesn’t accept my XML-syntax <grin/> convention unless I manually escape it while typing it in. That’s lazy programming. I’m underimpressed.]

Should clarify that I’m not saying you should, especially if you really don’t have the time/emotional resources to deal with upkeep. Just gently (I hope) pushing back in turn against the implication that those who do aren’t sufficiently focused on using the tools.

Thanks for that.

I do find the older I get the more focus I give to the digital tools. Which come with such handy carrying cases that they are rarely dull or out of place. It’s like having a really great assistant at hand. “Where was that image I was working on?”

“Right here, sir!”

Great

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.