Grumpy Cat makes more money than Gwyneth Paltrow

[Permalink]

“Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever”

I think I’ll probably not see that one.

2 Likes

We live in an era where memes get turned into movies.

Welp!

Internet cat agent is a job? Truly End Times are upon us.

5 Likes

is it wrong that this actually makes me grumpy?

1 Like

Am I a giant idiot for not understanding how the internet makes this kind of money for people? Is there some giant pot of internet gold that I just can’t figure out how to get to because I’m too old and don’t want to learn anything past HTML?

4 Likes

I didn’t see anything about how much of that take goes to the agent. The owner seemed entirely too normalized for my tastes. If I owned a cat who’d made (me) over $100M, I’d be fucking ecstatic.

Sounds about right. This combines 2 of the internets greatest loves: Cats and sarcastic grumpy humor.

It’s that you need to be a cat with that attitude.

her likeness. Grumpy Cat, aka Tardar Sauce, is a girl kitteh.

1 Like

I wonder if she was ever really called her Tardar Sauce, or if that was a publicly acceptible backsplanation for why they called her “Tard”?

2 Likes

damn kids and their youtubes!

2 Likes

I would love to hear about the mechanism that springs into action so swiftly. Was she prepared before the first upload? Or was there a default money-earning scheme like adsense in place that she was fortunate enough to both qualify for and enable? Or are there agents that trawl the interwebs that can spot new hits within a day or two and set it up to be monitized overnight? Or some other thing I can’t even imagine?

1 Like

Tardar Source

Needs more VRML

1 Like

My cat is professionally cute looking. I’ve been trying to figure out how to get him meme-worthy. It seems these famous internet cats also have the rare cat personality that makes them tolerate public appearances - whereas my professionally cute cat would ride the whole way to the gig on the ceiling of the car then bite the shit out of some hapless fan. Wha waa - end of career.

2 Likes

I had to study that at uni. How useful that turned out to be.

Clearly I’m going about this all wrong. All 3 of my grumpy cats COST me more than Gwyneth Paltrow makes in a year…

3 Likes

I’d be thrilled if my lazy gray bastard made me a hundred bucks!

Or hell, if he just made dinner some night. Is that really too much to ask?

2 Likes

Most cats would be happy to provide a dead rat, bird, or lizard to your door. I would pass on dinner if i were you.