My kitty can't stop watching this German cat commercial

Originally published at: My kitty can't stop watching this German cat commercial | Boing Boing

17 Likes

Okay, I see a lot of the most popular memes and references, but disappointed there’s no Grumpy Cat.

6 Likes

Wasn’t that meant to be Grumpy Cat first in the checkout line?

8 Likes

Making it significant when it saw the price and smiled.

8 Likes

I was expecting a fight after that “last one on the shelf” moment…

10 Likes

I dunno. He looks more like Wilford Brimley than Grumpy Cat.

11 Likes

At approximately 12s there’s a cat with a cat in the background …nicely meta. (whole cucumber and cats thing at 25s) (the product at 55s is “Blackcat energy drink”). Must have been an nightmare exhausting ad to shoot, even if cats weren’t being ‘herded’

5 Likes

That is “a” Grumpy Cat; but not Tardar Sauce

8 Likes
20 Likes

And just in case anyone is wondering:

8 Likes

That’s delightful (better perhaps that the final product) - thank you!

10 Likes

Die Katzen wissen was sie wollen!

3 Likes

I bought a lot of stuff there - except cat food. My cats were picky eaters with a nervous stomach.

1 Like

Knoxblox ponders how he might train his cats to do his grocery shopping for him.

15 Likes

Knoxblox ponders why his larder is now full of gourmet cat food, and his bank account is empty. :smirk_cat:

16 Likes

That cover image is so weird. The soft, airbrushed face looks so out of place with the usual Philippe Druillet ink work.

2 Likes

I don’t speak German and YouTube auto translate is laughably not working on the German speech.

1 Like

Yeah, looks like the autotranslate just chooses one language to translate for the whole video and since half of them are speaking English it went with that, basically trying to transliterate the sounds of the German words into English writing.

5 Likes

I found that I could pick up the German from context; it was a pleasant giggle.

2 Likes

My cat gave it a little side eye but was otherwise disinterested… .

1 Like