TSA officers in Denver fired for giving free (and unsolicited) groin massages to passengers

[Permalink]

1 Like

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quis gropiet ipsos gropes?

6 Likes

“Crotch Groping” Ah! The time honered event at every TSA check point!

2 Likes

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell ya, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon…

5 Likes

There should be an automatic Pulitzer prize for any article that includes the phrase “alleged fondling scheme”.

But even without this particular frotspiracy, my takeaway was that airport screening has got to a really fucked-up place. I mean, is there any scenario, in which the government forces innocent citizens into a machine that judges whether their genitals are “anomalous”, that doesn’t ring alarm bells?

5 Likes

Perhaps I should be insulted. I’ve flown out of Denver several times this year and haven’t been groped once. Can I sue the former TSA officer for crushing my self-esteem?

6 Likes

Exactly so Major Tom! I too have been discriminated against by being on the No Grope list.

2 Likes

I remain steady in my view that we should have never put the TSA – as a government agency – in charge of airport security, but left it with private contractors. Not because they’d “do a better job” or because “the market will produce better results” but simply for the fact that a contractor could be fired. There’s no firing the TSA as an entity, so you never really get the incentives aligned to avoid this stuff. Sure, an occasional agent might get tossed for bad behavior, but no one is afraid that their entire company could get sacked (so to speak), so it’s just atomized blame-shifting at best, and not structural accountability.

5 Likes

Why is he not being charged with sexual assault?

3 Likes

And there’s an example of how even women can be really creepy and awful.

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here
this may be the funkiest funniest song about being groped by TSA

Apparently nobody’s coming forward that they were personally groped, and are willing to press charges.

Because THAT sounds like a fun time dealing with the legal system doesn’t it? I don’t blame them.

Does the TSA operate in a country where the rule of law is evenly applied to all citizens? No? Well, there’s your answer then.

[edit] and what @Bobo said.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.