Woman whose vulva was probed by Burbank TSA "officers" who ignored her refusal sues

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/05/groin-search.html

2 Likes

I hope the settlement is in the millions.

23 Likes

Agreed, though what I’d like to see in addition is reform.

26 Likes

Except the punchline is that the taxpayers are footing the bill for any payout.

8 Likes

I suppose we may also consider our anthropoid ape punishment involving the public ejection of the miscreants from our flange under a torrent of hurled dung.

4 Likes

I hope all 3 TSA employees are put on the sex offenders list. There should be a criminal charges for this behavior. False imprisonment and sexual assault.

36 Likes

Agree. This sounds like criminal sexual battery.

13 Likes

I feel better about this than say paying for trump’s golfing habit.

16 Likes

That’s rape.

20 Likes

Yeah, vulva was probed by Burbank TSA “officers” who ignored her refusal sues, that’s Rape in my book.

16 Likes

The fuck aren’t criminal charges being filed against the rapists?

8 Likes

Which they rightly should. Taxpayers fund the bullshit airport mafia, they will foot the bill for search misconduct lawsuits.

8 Likes

How about instead we stop funding the airport mafia?

12 Likes

At the risk of using a word that was worn out sometime in the 80’s, this is outrageous.

One can only imagine where the officers have been keeping their heads during the past two years of allegations, firings, and public discourse surrounding harassment and assault.

edit: I just wish it was more surprising.

7 Likes

Enough of the above

Might get the desired result

3 Likes

my sentiments exactly.

I was wondering this as well. Who’s the local federal prosecutor who is failing their job? News stories should all be bound to the zip code where it happened, make it easier to find stuff like this. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I used to work inside the airport, and airport employees hated having to put up with imperious TSA “officers” who would show up w/o notice and conduct searches on employees. And who sometimes push the edges to see what they could get away with. And most employees put up w/ it b/c they are afraid of what might happen if they complain or question what is going on. I’ve had them videoing me with their cell phone, asking if they can look inside my wallet and then poking around everywhere inside of it, etc.

3 Likes

I would get my local Congressperson involved, as long as they’re not hardline GOP. For Burbank that seems to be someone called Adam Schiff. I feel like I’ve heard that name before…

3 Likes

I had a TSA guy go through my wallet once. I did not like that at all.

1 Like

Like with all public policies, we need to evaluate the cost and benefit of this.

On the cost side, we have wholesale sexual abuse of tens of thousands of people a day.

On the benefit side, have we ever actually spoiled a terrorist plot by having a bored TSA agent fondling genitals at the airport?

And the sad thing is that there is like a 99% chance that the “problem” they noticed on the scan was digitally added to the scan to keep the screeners on their toes. They really need to have a system where the digital fake artifact is clicked on then it disappears if it is fake so they don’t fondle thousands of guests daily to keep them (the TSA agents, not the guests) alert.

(If I wasn’t so afraid of being put on the No Fly List, I have always joked that the best way to deal with this would be to moan and act excited when they do this, then insist loudly that they owe me dinner. Yeah, fine, it’s OK for the screener to fondle my genitals but that would be over the line and possibly sexual assault for me to pretend that I liked it. WTF. WTF.)

(And yes, I was fondled by the TSA agent on Saturday two weeks back.)

3 Likes