TSA seize tiny, itsy-bitsy gun from sock-monkey

And ‘menamenah’ is our war cry!

1 Like

I find it strange as well. A TSA agent took away my mini leatherman from my knitting/crochet kit because he said it was a serrated blade (they were scissors). But my knitting and crochet needles are all metal, and I assume they would not feel good should someone choose to do some stabbing with them.

1 Like

“Would you like to see a magic trick? Watch me make this knitting needle disappear.”

1 Like

doot do de doo doo

3 Likes

if you consider that we’re allowed to bring knitting needles onto flights.

Unless you slip up and tell them you’re knitting an afghan…

8 Likes

a very small terrorist could easily use this tiny gun to pose as a full sized fully armed terrorist who is simply standing far away

10 Likes

Hmm, does that mean I can pass security with a greater than 3 oz bottle of fluids if the fluids happen to have electrolytes?

I have passed dozens of times with my ~2 inch ray gun hanging off of my backpack – and it goes pew pew with lights…

1 Like

In fairness to your ray gun–which I’m sure is very scary–it probably did not seem like your backpack was wielding it in an intimidating manner. Also, they probably didn’t see MIB, which is a shame.

1 Like

On the one hand, it could be a Swiss MiniGun. On the other hand, that probably doesn’t count as a weapon as it’s unlikely to even break skin.

I just knew we’d get someone defending this idiocy. BoingBoing never fails to deliver!

1 Like

Is that a gun in your pocket, or am I just working for the TSA?

3 Likes

i, for one, feel much safer. knowing the terrorists have won, by demolishing what used to be the American Way of life. no freedom? = terrorist win. A sock monkey. with a gun. a threat? really? sheeh

To be fair to the agent, the sock monkey IS brown, therefore immediately under suspicion.

4 Likes

Is that a two-inch sock monkey gun in your pocket, or are you just completely unenthusiastic about seeing me?

4 Likes

Take your stinking paws off that gun, you damn dirty sock monkey.

3 Likes

So are the TSA also not responsible for stopping the carriage of animals on planes too? I mean that monkey, it looks like a real monkey.

Sounds extremely selective if you ask me, almost vindictive.

It was a warning!

It was a warning.

Those idiots… the line goes “everybody’s got something to hide except for my monkey” not “as well as”…

1 Like

You made a funny, but I haz a sad because the crocheting world decided to rename a stitch from Afghan to Tunisian during the craptastic Freedom Fries era. :confused:

1 Like