UK government set to ram through surveillance legislation

From Cameron’s speech in the Commons (or was it a press conference?), it seems to be because our society is in imminent risk of destruction due to pedophile terrorist scammers, and because several investigations are in jeopardy because the ECJ has declared the current arrangements illegal.

Hmm, I have to wonder why this law wasn’t introduced at committee stage at least when the case was first presented to the ECJ, instead of waiting for the (inevitable, imo) ruling. Rushing it through like this could be taken as betraying a certain lack of forward planning by the ConDems. If I wasn’t steeped in cynicism, that is.

I know it’s a thing there, but I wish y’all would quit using “muppet” as a pejorative. Muppets were awesome.

The same objection can be raised to use of anatomical (especially female-anatomy) descriptors, or related activity, which is also awesome, at least when done at least somehow well.

Even excretion-activity, also often used in a pejorative way, can be awesome, as anybody suffering with constipation can attest to.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.