Unarmed man flags down LAPD seeking help. They shoot him in the head

Interestingly enough. Even if you ONLY COUNT homicides related to work. Cops still don’t top the list.
Taxi Drivers and Mini-mart clerks take the top two slots.

5 Likes

wow. color me naive that this is the first time I’m reading that aphorism but, god damn is it ever disgusting. Especially in the context of police work. Google isn’t giving me better context, really… is this seriously evoked with respect to law enforcement?

2 Likes

The Police: not just racist; also generally vile in any other imaginable respect!

2 Likes

Copologists at the front door in 3… 2… 1…

There’s always one guy who says something like that. Today, you’re that guy.

1 Like

Um, if you take a look at the Global Peace Index you linked, one cannot make any correlation between legal civilian gun ownership and GPI…the top five countries all allow civilian gun ownership.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, yes.

3 Likes

I live in the country in the number 2 spot. It’s way more difficult to obtain access to firearms here than in the USA. Here are the rules, check them out.

6 Likes

I’m not a large man but there are very very few dog breeds I can’t simply restrain or fight with little risk to me person, and lots of friendly dogs charge/bark/warn, like they are supposed to.

Any cop that needs a gun for a dog when there are children present should be fired.

11 Likes

i need my entire skull intact to enjoy those rights. sorry.

5 Likes

Im sure the police are really paranoid right now thanks to the recent slew of citizens rioting because of situations like this. This leads to overreaction and unnecessary use of lethal force. However, this sort of knee jerk reaction is only helping to fan the flames of discontent amongst citizens. I’m not sure what the answer is but, shooting people in the head with out investagating other possible options seems to be counter productive for their PR campaign.

2 Likes

Bleeding Kansas, perhaps?

1 Like

If the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to protect against tyranny, then the interpretation should protect tools for whistleblowing, protest, and non-violent resistance at least as much as tools for violence.

If we stick to the traditional sense of arms, then the interpretation should protect protective equipment and defensive arms as much as offensive ones.

10 Likes

I stopped the guy who tried to rob me by pointing the gun I was licensed to carry at him. When they first showed up, I had to lie down on the ground next to the guy who hit me in the head. After everything was sorted out, I was free to go to the hospital and later that evening they even returned my sidearm.

1 Like

Actually it would have played a hand in all of the 18th and 19th century conflicts. Especially the early ones where the standing army was really small. Remember people were actually called up from state militias back then. The rich even supplied things like large canons and mortars (ironically, both are legal today with less regulation than fire arms, though the exploding shells are regulated). But it is important to note that many went to war with their own arms and supplies (at least initially) back then. Also when you read Militia laws from back then, they had to be well regulated - that means equipped and prepared. You had to have so much power, balls (pun intended), boots, bed roll, tack, etc. If you came to fight with out good equipment you were a liability, not an asset.

So even during the Civil War you had private citizens supplying the troops directly. While it was in relatively small numbers, you would get units who would arm themselves with lever action rifles, which would have seemed like machine gun fire compared to the black powder rifles.

It wasn’t until the after the Spanish-American war that they set up the National Guard which took the place of Militias. From there the Guard was set up more like the traditional Army and were supplied by the government primarily.

2 Likes

more bad apples?

Rotten Fruit From a Shitty Tree.

2 Likes

Is there a way to have bbs commenters testify before congress?

3 Likes

I’d also add this song too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3wfXz5KQA

1 Like

Unfortunatly our police have gone from:

“To serve and protect” -to- "Kill them all and let God sort them out.”

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the “I thought he/she had a gun” defense rates right up there with “i was in fear for my life” therefore, these brave public servants have no choice but to shoot first and ask questions later, that is if said suspect is still alive.

Any cop who fires his gun while children are in the line of fire needs to be charged with reckless endangerment.

14 Likes