US spy agency adopts globe-encircling giant octopus as new logo

Tentacles. N.T. Very important.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll just cite Hokusaiā€™s Dream of the Fishermanā€™s Wife as precedent, and move on.

Almost exactly my reaction ā€¦ my thought was that the logo was clearly designed by someone who fantasized about being as great an agent as Maxwell Smart.

Personally, I think itā€™s cool any US agency not involved with marine research would use an octopus in itā€™s logo. I mean, really, they use eagles all the time. And think about eagles - animals that silently swoop down from the sky, killing their prey in one swift stroke, dismembering the bodies and feeding the bloody entrails to their young. Thatā€™s pretty damn menacing.

1 Like

I spotted ads for Palanter Technologies on the Metro. I wonder why they thought that name is a good idea.Additional strange note: they promote their Philanthropy Engineering program.

My dream is that SC are one day gonna come & sort this fuckin shit right out & then we can all have, like uplift and drug glands & neural laces and stuff.

Shit, working on Batman in the 60s must have been fucking awesome.

This is great, but itā€™s not the first amazing/terrifying animal logo from a US agency. Check out the Infrared Space System Directorateā€™s LASER-EYED SPACE EAGLE.

2 Likes

le sign this is totally a mission patch they even did one that references Sneakers (remember that movie)ā€¦ also notice the tentacle touches afghanistan. fnord.

Or Hydra.

Your link goes to a non-public Google Drive.

Freudian slip, obviously.

Technically correct, but thatā€™s a bit like drawing the line between, say ā€˜death metalā€™ and ā€˜goth metalā€™.

Looks like a pretty standard parking page. Itā€™s just domain name info.

Edit: no not a parking page. Just realized itā€™s just analytics for the website tekeli.li Looked at it too fast.

A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools.

ā€• Thucydides

Thanks. The combination of that domain and Arabic lettering makes anything look like an invocationā€¦

Darn it. Link fixed.

Too bad the official tshirt for this mission doesnā€™t match the patch logo here otherwise Iā€™d buy two of em. I like intelligence agencies and octopi so this one is pretty much made for me!