National Response Center: now THAT's a logo

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Not very well aligned at the bottom. Is that real?

2 Likes

I dunno. . . could use some vampires, I think. Or a dinosaur.

12 Likes

What kind of hazard does the hex at 9:00 represent?

1 Like

What’s the “vational response center”? And, think of the money they saved on design by adding this to logo to their areas of expertise!

Plus a zombie and an innocent child not reading the Bible.

1 Like

Pepsi leakage.

18 Likes

Protecting America from skeletons with downs syndrome, nuclear energy, pepsisplosions, bad hair days, licorice plants that jump into your awaiting hand, 1980’s-era heavy metal band Biohazard, and misaligned typography.

The NRC: your most essential resource.

14 Likes

Pepsisplosions FTW!!!

5 Likes

It is “real”, in that it wasn’t created as a joke or hoax, but I couldn’t find it used anywhere except by the Coast Guard. I don’t think it’s anything official, but just something cobbled together to use on their website, as a bullet-point image.

2 Likes

“Sorry Hawaii, Alaska. You guys are on your own. Yeah, yeah, we know it says ‘national’, but you’re still on your own.”

7 Likes

Down’s Syndrome Skeleton. That’s so mean it’s twice as funny.

2 Likes

I think the message is “We’re juggling so many flaming balls that we don’t even have time to doublecheck our logo. You can bet we don’t have time to consult with a lawyer so give us an f’in break already”

4 Likes

Humankind’s oldest and most fearsome enemy: the sun.

5 Likes

Love the R in the center hex.

the 9 hex of coronal discharge is rather forward thinking. That’s the collapse of the electrical grid due to solar activity.

1 Like

It’s never fun when somebody etches their finger off with a beaker of acid, but I’m not sure it really merits a Central National Response.

On the other hand, I am even now writing my congressperson demanding that they increase funding to to protect America from Pepsi Dawn.

3 Likes

Also Guam, Puerto Rico and Pine Gap.

Looks like a game of Settlers of Catan gone horribly, horribly wrong…

10 Likes

What’s the one underneath it? I’m assuming that it indicates some sort of nunchuck-weilding ninja response to panhandlers.

3 Likes

A plant with a microphone flower with a guide for how to hold a baton.

Plus, at 3 o’clock we have a drum set on fire.

2 Likes