Vaped crusader

And you chose to join the same crowd populated with people vaping or smoking. What’s your point?

The entire point of this article is about passing laws which ban people from vaping. In other words, they are being banned from being assholes. You can call someone anything you like. No one really cares what you say. But it seems that some people are upset that we don’t care what they say so they’ve moved on to passing laws. You can try to move the goalpost all you want. You can attempt to re-frame the discussion to “being and asshole” if you like. But understand that going off the rails like that doesn’t make for compelling or cogent argument.

NB: all uses of “you”, above, refer to those who think they know what’s best for everyone.

2 Likes

You may like to learn the Art of Shrug.

Not sweating little things improves one’s quality of life significantly. Personal experience.

3 Likes

That’s the problem here. I’ve never done anything to you. I’m one of those “invisible vapers” because I still have all the same habits from when I smoked like getting far away from people and keeping it to acceptable areas/contexts. Aside from inside my own home, I don’t vape indoors nor do I go out of my way to think that people should just deal with me blowing clouds of anything all over them… that sucks for everyone involved.

And yet, I seem to get even more abuse as a vaper than I did as a smoker. This is saving lives and constantly complaining isn’t helping anyone. The biggest danger with vaping, currently, is that attitudes like your own will allow the tobacco companies to push out competitors (which they’re trying to do now) making vaping as expensive as smoking and also allowing people like Phillip Morris to start adding shit to vape juice to make it more addictive once the other alternatives have been banned.

Vaping is a seriously huge public health benefit. My PCP when he learned I had quit smoking via vaping was thrilled and told me, in his medical opinion, that I should absolutely continue and work to curb my dependence… which is exactly how it is treated for the many people who don’t give two shits about “vape culture” and just know that they feel better, have more energy and less coughing fits because of it. I spent months after switching to vaping coughing up all the shit that was in my lungs from smoking. The cilia in my throat came back to life and started actively doing their job again.

If you have an issue with individuals take them to individuals. But don’t add to this anti-vaping nonsense. As a former smoker and a vaper I’d love to see tobacco simply outlawed. But it seems people want to attack the solution instead of addressing the root problem.

6 Likes

I have not advocated for banning anything.

If by posting in this thread I have advocated for banning assholes from being assholes by sheer dint of posting in this thread – then by the same petard so have you.

I am all for calling an asshole an asshole, and not a freedom fighter with more rights than me.

I did not join a crowd of vapers. I joined a crowd. A vaper sat down behind me and filled my lungs with vapor.

But, as you have said – I was free to leave, as (others have pointed out) he was fighting the good fight to end nicotine tobacco addiction. I probably should have spoken up, because there’s nothing more I like to do in the presence of my son than to provoke confrontation with people already exhibiting a high disregard for others.

4 Likes

Well, that’s the money trail. Other theories include:

2 Likes

My neighbor, on the west side of my house, the direction most wind come from, vapes. I regularly find myself wanting to strangle him as that shit lingers. I do not go outside to be assaulted by cotton candy stink.

@OtherMichael: I’m reminded by this thread, yet again, that nicotine addicts are the most selfish creatures infesting this Earth. Never trust a junkie.

10 Likes

I find that almost as hard to believe as an another for profit industry that makes it incredibly difficult to get repayment for health care.

1 Like

Well, if people are vaping, say, weed (which is most of what I see), yes, it is just like smoking in a public place.

You mean “I don’t want to get cancer from your second hand smoke and you shouldn’t create a health hazard for the employees required to work in a given bar or restaurant by constantly exposing them to carcinogens?” Yeah, horrible.

6 Likes

Part oft he problem is that vaporizers seem to come in different classes. There are the ones that produce small amounts of vapor, then there are the obnoxious vaporizers that do this:

they are not in the same class at all.

3 Likes

As some in this thread have demonstrated, #notallnicotineaddicts

The OP is about an asshole lawmaker being an asshole, and the main arguments in this thread have been about being assholes and people defending the right to be assholes because all the strawmen are coming to take away their vape rigs.

4 Likes

I did hear that Obama was planning on going door to door to collect vaporizer…

3 Likes

Don’t worry. The places that have laws about smoking inside spaces, etc. where the public are exposed will have those laws updated to include vaping. The assholes acting out in public have basically guaranteed it.

5 Likes

Honestly, it is about how lawmakers aren’t even learning differences and classifying it as a tobacco which also comes from them thinking it is tobacco.

And if we’d have nearly as much spirited debate about banning cigarettes and actual tobacco this whole health epidemic wouldn’t even be a thing. I’m worried that while additive-laden cigarettes remain legal that vaping will not.

What you mistake is that when they take away vaping, these people go right back to smoking. You have to choose.

Hey, I get it. You are an authoritarian. Or at least, you take the authoritarian tact of pushing unsubstantiated claims that further your agenda.
I don’t vape. I tried it but didn’t care for it. But I’m still against the mindset of people who want to ban what they don’t like. Like I said, that kind of thought process gets us bans on blacks drinking from white water fountains and homosexuals locked up for sodomy. These are laws of popular opinion and they are easy to pass as long as you target a sufficiently small or powerless population.
The creation of divisiveness via stereotype has already begun and it stinks this forum up with its intolerance and hatred.
The internet has given a forum for children to stomp their feet and proclaim “I don’t like vaping. You need to stop. My happiness is more important that yours because I’m better than you since I don’t do that thing I don’t like.”

3 Likes

7 Likes

Honestly, it’s about ethics in public vaping.

Yeah, the public has always been curiously silent on the whole tobacco thing.

I have to choose? Why can’t I just call an asshole an asshole for behaving like an asshole? Why should I applaud his efforts at being an asshole? Can’t I oppose legislation while still saying “Thou art an asshole, until the end of thine days!”

However, if I must choose, I choose the strawman you have gorgeously constructed.

##NO WAIT. that looks flammable. I CHOOSE THE BEES.

3 Likes

I wish I could give this post all my likes for today. Especially the WRX and scumbag steve.

2 Likes

It’s not the nicotine that’s the dangerous part of smoking. It’s the tar and other assorted chemicals. Nicotine is the addictive part.
Cannabis is a much better option all-round.

If you’ve ever smelled the smoke from a smoke-machine in a nightclub, then that’s exactly it. Flavours differ, obviously, but the carrier fluid is simply glycerol.

3 Likes