Washington State's medical marijuana milieu is almost too good to be true

Why do you keep saying this? The “cause” doesn’t need to be “helped” because the battle is already being won in state after state, regardless of your protests about people just doing it as a dodge and weave. So let it rest. It is a matter of time at this point. It isn’t going to be rolled back in all of these states and more are added every year.

5 Likes

The sweet sap of recreational marijuana taxes is too alluring to any state that’s made it legal. Like to the state, not having to spend a shitton of money incarcerating low-level drug offenders is pretty awesome, but then, getting revenue out the wazoo for every gram of weed sold in the recreational places is just gravy.

2 Likes

It’s a fine line here. I think half of the blame for the medical fraud is the huge push by the alternative medicine community. You know the types, they’re everywhere, naturopaths, herbalists, acupuncturists and the like.

Basically people who have to say “I’m not actually a doctor, but I do wear this labcoat with that has my name with some letters after it embroidered on the left breast.” who get paid to perform impressive ceremonies and to use incomprehensible explanations, then the next step is to listen to what the patient says, and agree, then sell something.

In my humble opinion, alternative medicine is used by the public pretty often in order to circumvent the regulations and standard of care in modern medicine.

So, they should have weirdly boring names that cost hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars to create, brandify, focus-test and trial-market like the big drug companies have?

And this is just from the As:

A-Methapred, Abacavir, Abarelix, Abatacept, Abciximab, Abelcet, Abilify, Abiraterone, Ablavar, Abobotulinumtoxin, Abraxane, Absorica, Abstral, ACAM2000, Acamprosate, Acanya, Acarbose, Accolate, Accretropin, AccuNeb, Accupril, Accuretic, Accutane, Accuzyme, Acebutolol, Aceon, Acetadote, Acetaminophen, Acetaminphen, Acetazolamide, Acetic, Acetyl, Acetylcholine, Acetylcysteine, Aci-Jel, Acidul, Aciphex, Acitretin, Aclidinium, Aclovate, Acrivastine, Actemra, ActHIB, Acthrel, Acticin, Acticlate, Actidose, Actigall, Actimmune, Actiq, Actisite, Activase, Activated, Activella, Actonel, Actoplus, Actos, Acular, Acuvail, Acyclovir, Aczone, Adacel, Adagen, Adalat, Adalimumab, Adapalene, Adasuve, Adcetris, Adcirca, Adderall, Adefovir, Adempas, Adenocard, Adenoscan, Adenosine, Adenovirus, Adipex-P, Ado-trastuzumab, Adoxa, Adrenaclick, Adrenalin, AdreView, Adriamycin, Advair, Advate, Advicor, Aerobid, Aerospan, Afatinib, Afinitor, Aflibercept, Afluria, Afrezza, Agalsidase, Agenerase, Aggrastat, Aggrenox, Agriflu, Agrylin, Ak-Fluor, Akineton, Akten, Akynzeo, Alamast, Albendazole, Albenza, Albiglutide, Albumin, Albumin-bound, Albuminar, Albuterol, Alcaftadine, Alcaine, Alclometasone, Aldactazide, Aldactone, Aldara, Aldesleukin, Aldomet, Aldoril, Aldurazyme, Alefacept, Alemtuzumab, Alendronate, Alesse, Alfenta, Alfentanil, Alfuzosin, Alglucerase, Alglucosidase, Alimta, Alinia, Aliskiren, Aliskren, Alitretinoin, Alkeran, Allegra, Allegra-D, Allernaze, Alli, Allopurinol, Almotriptan, Alocril, Alogliptin, Alomide, Aloprim, Alora, Alosetron, Aloxi, Alpha, Alpha-Proteinase, Alphagan-P, Alphanate, Alprazolam, Alprolix, Alprostadil, Alrex, Alsuma, Altabax, Altace, Alteplase, Altocor, Altoprev, Altretamine, Alupent, Alvesco, Alvimopan, Amantadine, Amaryl, Ambenoium, Ambien, Ambisome, Ambrisentan, Amcinonide, Amerge, Americaine, Amevive, Amicar, Amifostine, Amikacin, Amikin, Amiloride, Amino, Aminocaproic, Aminoglutethimide, Aminohippurate, Aminolevulinic, Aminosalicylic, Aminosyn, Amiodarone, Amitiza, Amitriptyline, Amlexanox, Amlodipine, Ammonium, Ammonul, Amobarbital, Amoxapine, Amoxicillin, Amoxil, Amphadase, Amphetamine, Amphotericin, Ampicillin, Amprenavir, Ampyra, Amrix, Amturnide, Amyl, Amytal, Amyvid, Ana-Kit, Anabolic, Anadrol-50, Anafranil, Anagrelide, Anakinra, Analpram, Anastrozole, Ancobon, Androderm, AndroGel, Anectine, Angeliq, Angiomax, Anhydrous, Anidulafungin, Anisindione, Anoro, Ansaid, Antabuse, Antara, Anthralin, Anthrax, Anti-Inhibitor, Antihemophilic, Antipyrine, Antithrombin, Antivenin, Antivert, Antizol, Anturane, Anturol, Anusol, Anzemet, ApexiCon, Aphrodyne, Aphthasol, Apidra, Apixaban, Aplenzin, Apokyn, Apomorphine, Apraclonidine, Apremilast, Aprepitant, Apresazide, Apresoline, Apri, Apriso, Aprotinin, Aptivus, Aquasol, Aqueous, Aralen, Aramine, Aranesp, Arava, Arcalyst, Arcapta, Aredia, Arestin, Arformoterol, Argatroban, Arginine, Aricept, Aridol, Arimidex, Aripiprazole, Aristocort, Aristospan, Arixtra, Armodafinil, Armour, Arnuity, Aromasin, Arranon, Arsenic, Artane, Artemether, Arthrotec, Articane, Arzerra, Asacol, Asclera, Ascorbic, Asenapine, Asmanex, Asparaginase, Aspirin, Astagraf, Astelin, Astemizole, Astepro, Atacand, Atarax, Atazanavir, Atelvia, Atenolol, Atgam, Ativan, Atomoxetine, Atorvastatin, Atovaquone, Atracurium, Atralin, Atridox, Atripla, Atromid-S, Atropen, Atropine, Atrovent, Atryn, Attenuvax, Aubagio, Augmentin, Auralgan, Auryxia, Autologous, Autoplex-T, Auvi-Q, Avage, Avalide, Avanafil, Avandamet, Avandaryl, Avandia, Avapro, Avastin, Aveed, Avelox, Aviane, Avinza, Avita, Avodart, Avonex, Avycaz, Axert, Axid, Axiron, Axitinib, Aygestin, Azacitidine, Azactam, Azasan, Azasite, azathioprine, Azathioprine, Azelaic, Azelastine, Azelex, Azilect, azilsartan, Azilsartan, Azithromycin, Azmacort, Azopt, Azor, Aztreonam, Azulfidine

#BORING

4 Likes

I think you’re dead-on. MA isn’t exactly known as a laid-back place, so it’s not really a surprise that the MMJ laws got immediately clogged with red tape, corruption, and blockages designed to make it as hard as possible to offer medical pot in the state. But when Boston voters get screwed with, they get mad, so a clearcut law in 2016 will sail through.

2 Likes

Washington State doesn’t allow you to grow your own, period.

How is that “too good to be true”?

Do you actually know if there will be a serious push for a new law in '16, or is that an educated guess?

Curious Cantabrigian wants to know.

Yes, there’s a pretty big push for it by a PAC called Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol in Massachusetts. They’re pushing for a ballot issue in 2016.

1 Like

My doctor says I need marijuana to get high.

1 Like

I have used cannabis on and off for years (mostly off, these days), and I still don’t understand what the idea of “high” is supposed to represent.

I’d like to know the answer to this as well. I always assumed it was an ironic term, since it never did anything for me except turn up Earth’s gravity to ‘11’, fill my head with cement, and then knock me out to sleep. Not my idea of a fun time.

Then how are my friends legally doing it in response to one partner’s MS disease?

If it was just “oh we’re gaming the system” then why would it be a problem that recreation pot stores exist and that they want to close down the dispensaries?

I don’t have any long term chronic need for MMJ, but I have suffered from trigeminal neuralgia in the past and I had two choices to calm the pain during those horrifically painful few weeks: Either high doses of ibuprofen AND opiates staggered a couple of hours apart every 6 hour, or pot. I smoked it, yeah, but I also was also gifted the most wonderful cannabis ointment that I applied topically and helped a lot.

It’s been ages since I had any weed, even though I call Washington state “home”. However, if I ever have another flare up of facial pain like three years ago, you better believe that I’ll be wanting an mmj prescription to help me get through it!

3 Likes

Did you miss the part right at the beginning where he talks about his chronic pain from arthritis? I’m not reading this as “ha ha, I can game the system to get stoned”, but rather, “finally, I can medicate legally.”

2 Likes

Hey, c’mon, all he was doing was moving the discussion from a real, limited use-case and discussing a hypothetical welfare queen driving around in a limousine - is that such a stretch that we can’t consider it a representative baseline?

Vicodin! Neck surgery! Guillotine!

You people, with your drugs! HSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Hi. I’m Michael Arnold. You have that exactly right, and thanks tons for noticing - this story is one of many in at least his second double-volume type edition in the past few years: Extra Good Stuff - coming out of Last Gasp this year.
Man is writing, artists drawing - working here on a future Denny true tale, set in early 60’s teen hormone hell - in an Edsel…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.