WATCH: San Francisco tour bus guide's anti-Chinatown rant

I’ve had gumbo with okra and I didn’t like any of it. I don’t like seafood or spicy things - which describes about 95% of Louisianan cuisine.

You think she would have had 15 minutes of infamy had she not made this speech?

Here’s one of the affected Chinese:

“At first we saw it and thought it was a joke,” said David Chiu, President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. “We’re all incredibly saddened and disappointed that in 2014 someone would utter these stereotypical and racist comments.”

6 Likes

[quote=“Mister44, post:41, topic:43576”]
I’ve had gumbo with okra and I didn’t like any of it.
[/quote]Okay then.

4 Likes

I happen to like okra.

But a friend of mine has declared about the stuff “Nothing that grows that easily can be anything but a weed.”

1 Like

I for one welcome our new Cajun overlords.

I will defend any culture with delicious food (oh wait that’s basically all of them).

Seriously those eats look good!

1 Like

7 Likes

C’mon, the fish and chips are good, if you drop the vinegar (and eat at a place with a local fishing industry so the critter is fresh).

Especially the preschoolers in the morning, when you (the tourguide) are still hungover, waking up on the sidewalk.

2 Likes

You diss okra to my face, Mister Big Man. You just try it.

I’ve got a sarlac right here in my pocket, and its name is “I like f*****g okra.”

I mean, “f*****g” as an intensifier, not as a verb. It likes “eating” okra, as do I.

Where “eating” is put in quotes for paralellism, not to imply that it is a circumlocution for something salacious.

I used to be on the television to talk about stuff like that.

But my wife made me get down on the floor.

4 Likes

I dropped the vinegar.

Over my fish and chips!

1 Like

This is the best and most awesomest and classiest picture ever.

People eat the weirdest things.

If you put hard boiled eggs in it and leave them for a month it makes them into vinegary eggs!

1 Like

Well she surely is an untalented one.

it’s supposed to sound like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok03v71G2wM

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.