Watch these guys hand dig a well lickety-split

I have no such background, but I believe such infiltration occurs when you pump a lot of water out and the void left by the water removed draws in the ocean water.

It’s all fun and games until you hit rock.

A few things I noticed.

1. The video seems weirdly out of sequence at times,

2. it seems bizarre to me that they haul up all that rock and then lower in all that brick. Why not have the mason do the first 5 feet of lining in stone and then switch to brick?

I can see from the video that these guys hand dug a well, and hell of a good job too, but I don’t see the part where they made it look easy or fun.

Hand digging is hard, back breaking labor. I do it myself to a much smaller degree, running pipe underground for plumbing systems. Most of the digging is done by backhoe, but we shovel out plenty ourselves, and I can tell you, it’s no picnic.

The amount of labor these guys are doing? Waaayy harder.

Hats off to their dedication and motivation.

5 Likes

Fair point, but would they have been able to dig the hole properly without taking the rock out?

Even Mexicans in 2007 can manage 480p.

(Reference to previous rant)

1 Like

To answer question #2, proper stone-fitting is tough to do even by an experienced mason; brickwork is much faster. It looks like they dug down to the bedrock, cleared away a good surface just below the water level, and built up that way.

If you watch they end up stacking the big rocks to one side and then building next to them.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.