Welcome to BBS, our new discussion boards

Works fine on my iPad 4 (minus some composer niggles). However, on the iPad 1 there will be issues since the now-obsolete iPad 1 is locked to an older, out of date version of Safari. What version of Safari / iPad / iOS are you on?

iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4s is a disaster
iOS 6.1.1 on iPad 3 is still not good. Edges of page both left and right are cut off even if I pinch screen to zoom out but at least back button works as expected and clicking on ā€œbbsā€ does what it should.

Interestingly enough, I typed the above on a computer but when I switched to this thread on iPad my reply window came right up with the above text so Iā€™m finishing the reply from iPad 3.

Not supported, per the faq. Any particular reason you havenā€™t updated to iOS 6?

I have no issues with pinch zooming to fit on iPad 4, on latest iOS. There are composer niggles as previously mentioned however.

Before the release of Google Maps for iOS6 it was the quality of Appleā€™s Japan maps that kept me from upgrading, now its just Iā€™ve kept forgetting. :slight_smile:

Nice, very nice - so a discussion can persist long after a blog post has dropped into obscurity. Woot.

ā€¦G

On a mobile device (Android phone), Iā€™m seeing ā€œNaN undefined 'NaNā€ to the right of each post where social media links should probably be. (Looks fine on a regular browser.)

What version of Android and what browser? Discourse only supports Android 4.1 or later devices.

Hmmm, phone says Android 2.3.5, ā€œInternetā€ (default web browser that comes with the phone) 2.3.5. Not sure why theyā€™re both the same.

We shall prevail

I will take a close look at your community guidelines and follow them closely

It is possible to Like a ā€œthis discussion was automatically closedā€ note.

PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THAT! Sometimes, the closing of a conversation is the best thing about it.

3 Likes

I posted a text passage here, noticed belatedly that it had lost all its linebreaks in pasting, tried to edit them back in, and got an error ā€œBody is too similar to what you recently posted.ā€

I assume that this is an antispam/antiflood measure that doesnā€™t differentiate whitespace, which is reasonable, but it seems like a bug to apply it when comparing a post to itself.

(I worked around by adding snarky commentary and then editing it out five minutes later.)

2 Likes

I have tricked this ā€œfeatureā€ by re-typing a single word.

Seconded. Itā€™s feckin annoying

Generally, that means the linebreaks werenā€™t really there in the original text but were an artifact of whatever was displaying that text.

Generally thatā€™s true, but in this case they were present in the edit view but not in the preview/final post. Eventually I added a blank line before the three definitions, and the BBS suddenly decided that it was actually an ordered list and applied appropriate formatting. Delete that blank line, and it reverts to printing everything after as one paragraph. Bizarre.

Many features of Markdown work at the paragraph level, and a distinguishing characteristic of paragraphs is that they are distinct from each other, e.g. have line space between.

See http://superuser.com/editing-help for more.

(that said, the preview should nearly exactly match the final rendered post, if it does not, that is a bug.)

Is it possible to add more formatting options to the tool bar on the editbox? Like table tools and such. It would have made a few things a little easier with the roleplaying game a few weeks ago.

Tables are not supported in Markdown.

hmm. Iā€™m confused then. I was talking about this sort of thing