What military gear did the Pentagon give to America's cops?

The M14M was a single shot M14 designed for the civilian marksmanship program but was classified obsolete in 1965. There are fully civilian market M14s (usually labeled M1) made by companies like Springfield and ArmsCorp but this is about surplus military M14s from the Pentagon.

Correct, the M14 DMR is a heavily modified M14 with a match grade barrel designed to fire match grade ammunition and they only were produced by the USMC Precision Weapons Section. While it is possible that these are the DMR version since it was replaced by the M39 making the M14 DMR obsolete, it seems unlikely that such a weapon would be sold off under the 1033 program as the DMR is rare, sought after, and was only replaced on a one for one basis meaning soldiers issued the DMR could trade it in for the M39 if they wanted to so there would be no cache of M14 DMRs gathered during an equipment upgrade program.

2 Likes

Awesomeness.

I’m really curious what the NYPD plans to do with two "CARRIER,107 MILLIMETER MORTAR"s (ARV $410,800).
Maybe deliver I <3 NY shirts to Times Square…from Penn Station?

But overall I’m happy their acquisitions were relatively restrained (but come to think of it, that’s probably only because they already have all the other toys).

I really need to contribute to TVTropes. I want to add the Amazingly Deadly Scalpel, because getting poked in the gut with that one inch blade kills like a bolt of lightning. See The Matrix Revolution

1 Like

The selector switch has three positions. Safe (Safety) Single (Single shot) Burst (Three Rounds)

More that a civilian model, but not full auto.

10 people, five of them children, died, and 65 houses burned down.

1 Like

That’s sickenning. The Philly PD was so lazy. And shame on the FBI for going along with the city cops’ siege fantasy. Like dropping what’s pretty much civil dynamite from a helicopter onto a make-shift fortification could possibly end well for anyone.

That’s what I was thinking too. I tried crawling through the data release, but with no success. I started at Texas, since, y’know it’s Texas, they seem to be the kind of state where they’d be happy to take rocket artillery off the hands of the military. Anyway, all the big spending departments invariably have the majority of their money going toward the MRAPS, and I didn’t see a single rocket for all of Texas.

It’s insane. They’re getting MRAPS valued starting at around $600,000 and at the same time grab 2-3 utility trucks or heavy tractors, and a lot of them seem to get mobile field kitchens.

Wait, you didn’t hear about the 1923 Rabbit Uprising? Do you want it to happen again?

2 Likes

President Carter certainly could have used one on his fishing trips.

1 Like

Sledge Hammer!

I loved David Rasche as the CIA guy in “Burn After Reading” with the CIA chief played by J. K. Simmons (Farmers Insurance commercials).

1 Like

The dreaded Night of the Lepus

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.