Who is Shia LaBeouf plagiarizing this time: rap group Anomolies

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Oh oh oh! I know what to say here:

Christ, what an asshole.

4 Likes

Captain Picard, care to weigh in on this?

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, he really is fā€™d up.

His entire career is repeating what others have written and pretending he said it and heā€™s never been good at it.

Ha, I wasnā€™t aware of his first plagiarizing much less that he apologized by stealing some more.

Perhaps heā€™s a performance artist trying to make some subtle commentaryā€¦

noā€¦nope just an asshole

https://cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/boingboing/original/3X/2/a/2a75e45f64f233913de41249d011990279a742e9.gif

4 Likes

At this point Labeef is just making plagiarism his ā€˜thingā€™. Also seems very much inspired by that guy who resells other peopleā€™s pictures as his work and gets away with it.

Iā€™m waiting for him to bust out with ā€œPlagiarism is a flat circleā€.

1 Like

Eh, seriously?

I think Shia LaBeouf seems like an ass generally (although I appreciated his collaboration on the utterly amazing Shia LeBeouf song), and I think his attempting to pretend that plagiarizing was ā€œperformance artā€ was completely asinine, but this really seems like a load of nothing.

He adds two lines from some other song at the end of what appears to be two and a half minutes of otherwise genuine freestyle.

A) Rap artists do this all the time, because rap is a medium that works well with cutting and splicing bits of each otherā€™s songs, and B) sometimes you just get a piece of someoneā€™s song in your head that you want to spit out.

It would be different if he were trying to sell this as ā€œMy Own Rap that I Totally Came Up With Myself,ā€ but it looks like he was showing off for a group of friends/fans, one of whom uploaded a video. If a friend of mine was freestyling, and added a line or two from some other song, who would care?

Iā€™m all for Shia LeBeouf pile-ons, but this is just silly.

5 Likes

Also:

Jesus what happened to this kid? He looks rough.

Was most of it ā€œoriginalā€ and he threw in a couple ā€œbit rhymesā€. Because that isnā€™t too bad as far as amateur white rappers go.

Perhaps he is actually an android made by Elon Musk or someone, where he canā€™t create, only replicate what he sees, and he doesnā€™t have the ability to tell the difference.

1 Like

I guess when you become known as the shameless repeat plagiarism guy even the smallest slip-ups get noticed? Thereā€™s probably people running searches on pretty much anything he says or does nowadays.

Iā€™m with SamSam on this. At no point did he ever state that he wrote any of this.

1 Like

Iā€™m with SamSam on this. At no point did he ever state that he wrote any of this.

6 Likes

It is known.

Nice try, Shia. We can tell itā€™s you.

4 Likes

Shia, thereā€™s a sign on the door: ā€œNo Biting Allowed.ā€
thatā€™s it.

see also: MC Lyte ā€œ10% Disā€

Yet the media (including this) keeps propagating his work. Talk about a feedback loop.

Read Simulacra and Simulation.