Women come* in three varieties

[Permalink]

1 Like

I only made it to (the allegations of) feacophilia (in a male researcher from the past).

oh, that hurts my type-o-philia :wink:

Isnā€™t it usually called coprophilia?

1 Like

Kinsey was married but was what would have been called at the time a ā€˜latent homosexualā€™. This is unsurprising, considering one of his best-known studies measured the distance ejaculate travels.

Whaa??? This is a rather odd/specious connection to make. Studying ejaculate force = latent homosexual? Iā€™m not arguing Kinseyā€™s being a latent homosexual, Iā€™m questioning the ā€œof course he wasā€ conclusion based on his study of ejaculate distance/force.

15 Likes

I donā€™t know, but I gotta say that ā€œHoney, I was just studying ejaculate forceā€ would be one of the great excuses of all time.

15 Likes

ā€œBonaparteā€™s fate, however, is benign compared with that suffered by Lili Elbe (1882ā€“1931), regarded as the worldā€™s first recipient of a male-to-female sex change. She died a year after her first operation (and a few months after her fifth).ā€

In what way was Ms. Elbeā€™s surgery related to attempting to achieve orgasm?

I would note that she wasnā€™t the first - and that to describe her as a recipient rather than as having agency as Bonaparte did - is unfortunate.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not 100% sure, but I think coprophilia is a subset of feacophilia, which could include discarded hair, nails, skin, mucus etc.

I think urolagnia is a kind of feacophilia, and trichophilia qualifies if it applies to hair that is no longer attached to a body.

Again, amateur philology, take with a grain of salt.

The article belies the headline. Bonaparteā€™s ā€œthree kindsā€ ultimately turned out to be a meaningless distinction. And Hite found a good many more than three.

1 Like

Still a nice headline.

I understood that Kinsey was more of a hymenopterist than a lepidopterist, what with wasps being one of his big (non-sexual) interests.

3 Likes

These ambiguities, redundancies and deficiencies remind us of those which doctor Alfred Kinsey attributes to a certain Chinese encyclopaedia entitled ā€˜Celestial Empire of Sexual Healingā€™. In its remote pages it is written that women are divided into: (a) belonging to the emperor, (b) embalmed, Ā© tame, (d) sucking pigs, (e) sirens, (f) fabulous, (g) stray dogs, (h) included in the present classification, (i) frenzied, (j) innumerable, (k) drawn with a very fine camelhair brush, (l) et cetera, (m) having just broken the water pitcher, (n) that from a long way off look like flies.

7 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

Itā€™s my all-time favorite list.

2 Likes

wait, where were the three? And why do I have penetrative Oā€™s if my clitoris is more than an inch from my vaginal opening? I feel slightly deficient or delusional nowā€¦

A scientific paper by Wallen and Lloyd

Female Sexual Arousal: Genital Anatomy and Orgasm in Intercourse

1 Like

This is probably a good thread to remind people that the clitoris is a lot more than just a little button:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know where you grabbed that from, but tineye says that the museum of sex once used it in an essay

And letā€™s just say that it contradicts such dittys as
If the distance is less than the width of your thumb, you are likely to come

Naturally, I canā€™t offer up any first hand experience.

1 Like

I like the fact that both halves rhyme, but I think the parts needs to be of more equal length to better approximate a proper folk saying. You know, like, ā€œRed sky at night, sailors delight.ā€

Now, Iā€™m contemplating that saying in a different lightā€¦

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no shame in using a second handā€¦

5 Likes