Hagen, Nina : Naturträne

3 Likes

EinstĂźrzende Neubauten : Stella Maris

3 Likes

Public Enemy : Brothers Gonna Work It Out

2 Likes

Public Enemy : Welcome To The Terrordome

3 Likes

That song is just too much of an earworm. Here’s something else way too earworm-y:

Goldfrapp Strict Machine

3 Likes

His voice must have changed after the original recording (and, yes, this is the first recording of the song…)

Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Mary, Mary (Michael Nesmith)

3 Likes

Air’s one of my favorites in the synth pop arena. Hooks sticking out in all directions…

3 Likes

Fun fact: that photo was taken at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago (where the band is from, so no surprise there).

1 Like

Yup. I kinda thought they weren’t from around here - our public architecture tends more Neo-Gothic than Neoclassical. :wink:

I did manage to catch Butterfield at Place des Nations in Montreal back in the early '70s - a great show, with James Cotton as the lead-in act (for all of $2 at the gate!).

3 Likes

Has nobody done Talk Talk yet?

Talk Talk - It’s my life

5 Likes

(Diablo Swing Orchestra: Voodoo Mon Amour)

1 Like

Oingo Boingo : Only A Lad

2 Likes

so, the radio says it’s Timbalands birthday!

I was not feeling him at all prior to this single. It was only after I checked the label for the production credit that I was forced to recant. I still don’t really like half of his stuff, but when he hits it’s a monster.

1 Like
2 Likes

Just heard this tonight… not a big Beck fan, but don’t I love me some Annie Clark…

St. Vincent covering Never Tear us Apart

1 Like

Also, this song will never get old:

Tracy Chapman, Fast Car

6 Likes

I found it got old back then… I got a tarantula on my head…
and some j-pop for everyone

Puffy Ami Yumi - Your Love Is A Drug

1 Like