1,000ish pop songs with some repeats & covers, searchable by performer & title

2 Likes

Good vids, too.

Air, Kelly Watch the Stars

3 Likes

I got to see him in concert with Stevie Ray Vaughan. It was a strange show, kind of two two two concerts in one with SRV with just a bassist and a drummer, very stripped down. Then Joe Cocker with a giant band and singing girls. Must have been 20 people on stage with him - a big party feeling set. SRV died about two months later. I wouldn’t have gone to the show except the guy I was dating had tickets. So glad I got to see it.

1 Like

That song reminds me in spirit and tone of Shemekia Copeland’s cover of Johnny Copeland’s “Ghetto Child.” She is heartbreaking. Saw her perform this a capella and unmiked at Jazz Fest. Fuckin’ A M A Z I N G pipes on this lady.

1 Like

They were up to represent Norway, I think, in Eurovision, but they didn’t get to final round to go to Eurovision… Too bad, as this is an amazing song:

4 Likes

I was waiting for someone to bring the Eurovision.

1 Like

Bringin’ the creepy white male power chords!

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I like this one sometimes, I guess for the solemn, pomp-and-circumstance feeling.

(The lyrics contain a graduation of sorts, acknowledging that life will never be the same.)

3 Likes

Lou’s version is good, the Junkies’ version is good, but this is my favourite one:

Two Nice Girls, Sweet Jane (With Affection)

3 Likes

Since you mentioned it.

Cowboy Junkies : Sweet Jane

2 Likes

Just for you @milliefink

4 Likes

For the GOP tonight …

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes