10 essential pocket-sized tech items you'll use everyday

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/13/10-essential-pocket-sized-tech.html

dear whoever-is-in-charge-at-the-BoingBoingShop; would you please stop greenwashing this stuff? it hurts. thank you.

3 Likes

A $129 pen… Wow…

img-2394570-1-cat-joy-bursting

8 Likes

It’s a perfect example of a Veblen good.
Also, probably costs no more than 10$ to manufacture. The rest is spent on marketing.

2 Likes

What? You don’t believe covering paper with metal alloy (composition unclear) is more eco friendly than ink?

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’d use none of those thing on even a weekly basis.

3 Likes

Ink pens? How quaint.

Trve hipsters use hypermodern inkless pens… from the 15th Century.

8 Likes

I like the prybar though. Good for breaking into tiny houses.

7 Likes

I have the theory that at least some of the wacky products Boing Boing Store posts are made because one of the guys likes to read the comments they spark off.

5 Likes

Also, the only multitool you really need is Berwhale the Avenger.

2 Likes

Or graphite?

The venerable church key is a surprisingly useful prybar/scraper, and incorporates the obligatory bottle opener.

My Veblen EDC sends the message, “I was not always as you see me now”.

4 Likes

Those glow thingamajigs look ok, in case you drop your keys in the dark.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Metal alloy? Maybe actually graphene? Are we talking a pencil here?

3 Likes

Not a pencil. It doesn’t erase. ( Been a while since I’ve used mine, but I believe that is right. )

The writing looks enough like pencil for my landlord to return a check I wrote with one of these things.

The EverRatchet Multi-Tool comes with an itty-bitty flint, for sparking fires. Anybody have an idea if there’s a way to attach the flint to the tool, or is it just a separate piece to carry and lose? The write-up doesn’t mention such.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.