10 worst restaurant names in the United States

oh, yeah!
i’d eat a bag of Dick’s right now, but i’m some 2000 3000 miles away from seattle.
(edit: it’s farther than i thought)

8 Likes

Jonesing for some Dick’s (Drive In)

6 Likes

I remember a Zippy the Pinhead comic where he just says “Ruths’ Chris Steak House” over and over. Apparently the chain didn’t get that their name was being mocked and reprinted the comic in their corporate newsletter.

3 Likes

my honest first thought before clicking on the story was “Fuddrucker’s better be on this list” – and i’m happy it is. what a terrible, terrible name.

10 Likes

… why go anywhere else :doughnut: :cupcake: :taco: :burrito: :cup_with_straw:

7 Likes

My favorite was a tiny Chinese take-out place called the Poo Ping Palace. This was before phone cameras and I have no proof, but I swear I did not make this up. (BTW I didn’t try their food).

7 Likes

That company has been bought and sold so many times it’s amazing it’s still around.

But at least there’s this.

The restaurant sometimes made controversial decisions; for example, in 2010 it began enforcing a no-weapons policy, which insisted that patrons should not carry “visible pistols” unless they were security officials. Laws in some U.S. states allow people to carry guns visibly in public. Fuddruckers management had been concerned that the presence of armed patrons might deter unarmed ones from visiting, but the move caused controversy among pro-gun advocates who threatened to retaliate with boycotts of Fuddruckers restaurants.

4 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve seen a few Pho King restaurants :stuck_out_tongue: There was one in Denver and there used to be one in Austin, but i checked and it closed sometime during the pandemic.

5 Likes

From bad to worse… :grimacing:

4 Likes

Leah Chase is a legend as is Dooky Chase’s restaurant (her husband’s name was Dooky). Great food in an intimate, family restaurant

7 Likes

They’ve been shut for over 20 years, but I still remember the Hung Long Tea House that use to be on William street in Northbridge, here in Perth

1 Like

6 Likes

I can’t believe that never seemed odd to me until just now!

:rofl:

6 Likes

wow, talk about coincidences. Today’s Mother Goose & Grimm:

8 Likes

I was going to mention one of those that used to be near me. It’s a better name than Fu King, because most people don’t know how to pronounce Pho, and so you get to enjoy enlightening them and then watching the look on their face when it slowly dawns on then how the full name of the restaurant is pronounced.

1 Like

WD-50 is better than LD-50

4 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize

8 Likes

not a restaurant, but in my neighborhood there is a liquor store called WINEGASM.

2 Likes