10 worst restaurant names in the United States

Originally published at: 10 worst restaurant names in the United States | Boing Boing

5 Likes

There was an Italian restaurant near my parents named Hasta La Pasta. It closed down, but not before me and my brother tried it (it was fine). Looking online it does seem like it’s still has another location that’s going strong.

13 Likes

16 Likes

9 Likes

Dick’s Drive In is a perennial favorite.

9 Likes

Not a restaurant… but at a small town in the middle of nowhere in NV that i lived that there was an old abandoned building from the 30’s or 40’s that had the business name up still on a mural. It was a pharmacy called Swallows Drugs.

15 Likes

What? No Sam and Ella’s Chicken Palace?

No, wait, that’s a top 10 best name.

10 Likes

Buh buh buh Butt Drugs!

5 Likes

For a long time there was a “Strange Drugs” in southern Minnesota. I don’t remember the town, and googling for strange drugs gets you exactly what you’d expect, so I can’t provide a photo or street view.

7 Likes

Psst, it’s not WD-50, it’s WD-40:

8 Likes

Earwax Cafe was a go-to of mine when I lived near Chicago. It closed back in '11.

Horrible name, great food.

7 Likes

My brother has long harbored a dream to open a Mexican food restaurant called Taco Fuck You.

7 Likes

FTFY.

13 Likes

Unintentionally worst names, of course. They can’t compete with the intentionally bad restaurant names.

5 Likes

We had a restaurant called Meat in a Box, but for some strange reason they closed.

5 Likes

Took me a moment!

10 Likes

Yes!!! Came here to call out Sam and Ella’s! Although, last time I was there they were more pizza focused than chicken. But, like, Oklahoma pizza. Mom lives just up the road.

Also, I believe that their location is the former home of the Redman Shop (spoiler blur for racist name I would only type in this context). Tahlequah is weird.

4 Likes

Rat’s Restaurant is a bad name? Even after a whole movie about how anyone can cook?

16 Likes

I just remembered that Austin has a small chain named Donut Taco Palace. I don’t know if i would consider it a bad name but it’s certainly something

5 Likes

There was a Chinese restaurant near me called Han Dynasty.

It was both.

4 Likes