100-year-old hot dog shop in Ohio won't reopen, millennials apparently to blame

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/17/100-year-old-hot-dog-shop-in-o.html

2 Likes

Dear Millennials,

I have no sense of self-awareness and will project my faults onto you.

67 Likes

How does it feel knowing every generation, before and after, looks down on you?

Just like every generation, before and after, gets looked down upon!

Ok Boomer.

35 Likes

Occam’s razor is the principle that, of two explanations that account for all the facts, the simpler one is more likely to be correct.

Codicil 1: It was Millennials’ fault.

13 Likes

"Dear Millenials; We’ve been eating pig lips and assholes for nearly 100 years…I forgot the point I was going to make because my brain is full of asbestos. What was the question? "

56 Likes

Maybe they were just out of 100-year-old hot dogs?

71 Likes

It’s like the rules I have abided by in my work life.

A) When someone leaves the job, everything found to be wrong is their fault for up to 6 months.
B) When someone is newly hired, everything found to be wrong is their fault for up to 6 months.

Blaming Millennials for everything that goes wrong falls soundly under B), and I embrace it entirely, while also blaming the previous generation for the overall state of the world.

32 Likes

Apparently millennials have a lower tolerance for rat anus than gen Xers do.

12 Likes

Pft, wussies. We ate our rat anuses and were happy to have them! When they run out of avacados, they’ll learn the value of rodent orifices.

22 Likes

Later we’ll find out the shop owner was some crazy racist, or casual bigot, or flouter-of-employment-laws, and the rant against an age group that no longer quietly goes along with crap like that will make sense.

20 Likes

I thought Boomers hated us Gen Xers until Millenials arrived. Dear Lord are they vicious on that gen. Amazing too since they’ve got even less of a pot to piss in than us (mostly due to greedy Boomers - natch!)

23 Likes

I just an hour ago found out I can’t afford a 900$ test that might tell me if I lose feeling in my hands in a way that requires surgery, even though I still have the insurance I had when I was employed fulltime till recently.

Because apparently to the Boomers who run my worthless Healthcare provider, use of my hands is not deemed critical enough to cover. Thanks Highmark! You’re insurance is fucking useless.

But yeah, the shitty state of the world is all to blame due to millennials.

Yeah, sure. Ok boomer assholes.

30 Likes

Luckily here who runs healthcare is born in 1979.
But I think that in the USA he is called a ‘commie’

8 Likes

Dear Boomer: Thanks for helping us to get quickly to late stage capitalism and ruining everything.

11 Likes

Maybe has some problem due weird millennial requests of out-of-menu things. Maybe was accused of battery after a millennial asked for some avocado toast with seitan???

2 Likes

I think someone has spent a little too much time in those click-bait ads about lists of things millennials have ruined.

Maybe they resorted to a hand lettered sign because their Gen X/ Millennial/Gen Z family have cut off their Facebook access?

4 Likes

Looking at the article, this wasn’t put there by the owner, but by some random idiot who thought that a lack of custom from the 24-40 (because that’s how old “millenials” are now.) cohort was the reason for the closure.

Never mind the retirement of the previous owner, the pandemic shutting down all sorts of hospitality businesses, the huge spike in unemployment or a long-standing lack of disposable income as wages flatline and all the gains of the economy are funnelled into the pockets of the oligarchy, no clearly the problem is young people.

And as ever, this applies to all such stupid criticisms of young people not spending money on what they “should” be:

40 Likes

Translation: I ran my business into the ground and it’s all YOUR fault. Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

I hope you are all happy. :sob:

5 Likes

I had seitan forty years ago, started making it at least 30 years ago. It wasn’t new then.

It’s a laugh to see many of the complaints against boomers, given so many things were popularized by us

5 Likes

That’s artisanal rat anus, from rats bred from a nest of Norwegian rats found in the back of a Studebaker van, fed free range barley and hops and raised listening to Jack Johnson songs. Each anus is individually trimmed and cured with traditional German spices before being ground and made into hot dogs.

Millennials want it, they just can’t afford it.

16 Likes