11-Year-Old Boy Arrested for Refusing to Recite 'Racist' Pledge of Allegiance

For the record, it’s not mandatory to stand for the Pledge in Florida…

8 Likes

It’s not mandatory to recite the pledge in any state. It’s against the 1st amendment to compel speech like that.

17 Likes

That’s what I thought when I first read
this.
Why is the Substitute’s name not in the article?
The boy’s/mother’s is.
Oh and the sub. “is no longer welcome in any of
their schools.”
They need to EDIT that to,
“no longer welcome, anywhere, anytime or anyplace.”

3 Likes

It shouldn’t even need to be said, but when any display of patriotism becomes mandatory it also becomes meaningless.

18 Likes

Arrested?!?

What the actual fuck, Florida?

16 Likes

The kid was black. How fucked up is it that my reflex was to think “at least they didn’t shoot him in the back.”

17 Likes

I have that same reflexive instinct.

17 Likes

The teacher told the black student that if he didn’t like the pledge, he was always free to go back where he came from.

Those were the teacher’s own words.

16 Likes

Substitute teacher, who is about to find it very hard to get assignments.

16 Likes

From Kelly (Temp) Services, were she will never work again.

1 Like

It’s also sad how it escalated, from the sub, to the school admins, to the cops…

I think calling the cops on an 11 year-old, especially where there’s no weapon involved, just makes it seem like the school’s plan for ordinary kid discipline is out of whack.

13 Likes

If you ‘have to’ call the cops on an ordinary 11 year old, methinks you have fucking failed at everything that actually matters in life.

16 Likes

I am thinking this is being read incorrectly. He was not arrested for “not standing for the pledge.” He was arested because he is a scary black young man who was unwilling to kowtow to authority. I mean, if we let that happen, it would be just like suporting Kaepernick! We can`t allow POCs to think they have the right to assert their own values in conflict with a person of authority. My stars, perish the very thought! vapors galore

9 Likes

Nah. Getting a job at one of Betsy deVos’ schools or a detention center will be a snap.

5 Likes

The whole point of SROs is to imprison and kill Black children.

2 Likes

This is so wrong on so many levels…

4 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.