CLASS ACT: Teacher removed from Florida school after racist outburst goes viral

Originally published at: CLASS ACT: Teacher removed from Florida school after racist outburst goes viral | Boing Boing

10 Likes

De Santis will surely give him a teacher of the year award.

41 Likes

The louder that these right-wingers touts their “patriotism”, the more ignorant of the Constitution they always are. Florida being Florida, I’m assuming this particular moron teaches civics.

43 Likes

These freaks never seem to understand that the moment displays of “patriotism” become mandatory they also become meaningless.

60 Likes

Ooooh tough guy gonna defend the country from a teenager sitting in a chair.

It’s weird to see so many kids not being able to say something, This guy is out of line but the students have to sit and take it from the authoritarian in the room. Or many of them could be shocked too. Kudos for going straight to a video recording at least, I’m sure that was risky too.

24 Likes

31 Likes

Exactly!

I always liked how this comedian describes it:

(longer audio version)

47 Likes

Fired? Shouldn’t he be tried for violating the student’s civil rights?

12 Likes

That or a position on the state board of education.

11 Likes

Coming to a right-wing talk circuit near you, former teacher explains how the Woke Mob demanded he be fired for loving his country.

20 Likes

THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:

“not fascist, but number one with fascists”

16 Likes

Tell me you’d use the Bellamy Salute without telling me you’d use the Bellamy Salute.

19 Likes

Them books ain’t gonna burn themselves!

17 Likes

I wonder if he has a degree in Education? I hear that’s not a requirement for teachers in Florids anymore.

9 Likes

They’re in school to learn and grow, not pledge allegiance to a flag or country. I could come up with a way more suitable pledge if you still want a ritual. First try:

Today I will be patient.
Today I will be kind.
I pledge to participate in class,
And exercise my mind.

There. That’ll do more to set a nice tone.
Fascists are so uncreative.

18 Likes

The Pledge of Allegiance every morning at the fire station… /s

4 Likes

Original article headline: " Manatee teacher removed from classroom after berating student who did not stand for pledge". Headline is confusing. Is the teacher a manatee, or a teacher OF manatees? If the latter, MANATEES CAN’T STAND!

8 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It’s also a county in Florida, not just an awesome critter.

10 Likes

Good lord, the Pledge of Allegiance is creepy as fuck. I can’t believe kids are made to do that, what, daily in America? You guys know how fashy that is, right?

19 Likes

yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I taught a class of high schoolers awhile back (a dual enrollment class) at their school, and not a single student stood for the pledge in the morning… they just all ignored it. I sure as shit was not going to enforce that shit.

22 Likes