13 years later, World of Warcraft is STILL telling queer guilds they're not allowed to advertise their queerness

Please don’t feed the bigots.

16 Likes

18 Likes

Those eyes could get away with murder.

12 Likes

Assuming you’re talking about the article and not the comments- Blizzard is arguing that by openly referring to themselves as gay, that gives other players the impetus to call them slurs. It’s very much blaming the victim.

9 Likes

Maybe Blizzard is just doing a bit of self loathing at the moment. I mean, they have been doing a lot of mainland China dong sucking recently…

(not to be taken as a statement either against gay sexuality or dong sucking by those humorless few who refuse to allow snark about a serious topic)

How is not allowing bigotry “pandering to a minority”? If you need to see bully and bigotry to enjoy a game, maybe you should start thinking about your own values a bit more deeply.

12 Likes

No one is persecuted for making a guild called ”We love girls”

Maybe lesbians are.

/pedant

6 Likes

I don’t like bigotry no matter who it’s directed against, even if it doesn’t affect me personally. Hopefully that puts me in the majority.

9 Likes

Ahem.

Each oppressed group gets to determine for themselves what’s offensive and disrespectful to them; it’s simply not up to anyone outside that group.

14 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing! May I recommend reading the article before posting?

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.