14 second clip shows why no-one can trust cops

If you know the Police; and you like the Police; … you don’t know the Police. :confused:

6 Likes

That leaves out people who know the police, and like the police, because they think oppressing racial and ethnic minorities is a good thing.

8 Likes

FB_IMG_1456700716568

Hitchcock FTP 1

Hitchcock FTP 2

17 Likes

Well, fuck 'em if they can’t. I certainly couldn’t be accused of hiding the fact and setting up a booby trap. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, that could definitely be part of it. But also, by that measure, every “good” cop is more of a coward than a manager of Shake Shack.
Not building my confidence, here.

5 Likes

The fact that the embrace the symbology of “the thin blue line” is a perfect encapsulation of that problem. They don’t just see themselves as a group separate from the rest of the society they live in, they revel in it.

12 Likes

It was a camera, not a remotely operated sniper rifle. It’s the electronic equivalent of a peephole in a home’s front door. The only reason to disconnect it would be to ensure his actions went unrecorded.

15 Likes

I don’t know, I often use cameras to ambush people who have come up onto my doorstep, armed… /s
I mean, what? Is it really an ambush…no matter. LEO was obviously acting out of accordance with professional conduct.

10 Likes

If his department had professional integrity, this would be a firing offense. He is just presuming he is going to want deniability. I don’t see any legitimate reason to do this.

11 Likes

#NOTALLCOPS !!1!

what about the GOOD ONES (who never report the bad ones, or stop them from doing anything bad)

8 Likes

In what way is “Cop interferes with private property so he can’t be legally recorded while on duty” “not as bad as it looks”?

12 Likes

Loren Pechtel: yes it is bad. No one has the right to interfere with your property without a warrant. He acted like the cop in Blade Runner: “You’re with us, or you’re little people” (paraphrased). Do you think his overweening, superior, above the law behavior stops there?

5 Likes

I’m looking for a good wireless home security system. Lots of aggressive, threatening Rumpists here. Heard gunshots out back, also threatening vehicle behavior. I want to record in several directions with the ability to display on comp or tv without having to retrieve chips, like I do now with game cameras. The Reolink looks good, but it’s wired, and the Reolink website is large and confusing. Wifi, bluetooth or cloud.

Has anyone tried similar wireless security?

btw, I mounted really cheap fake cameras and solar motion lights from harbor freight as deterrent-distraction-camouflage. I think it’s a good strategy. I also got some cheap detachable car cams (OWC), they include headband and other mounts.

5 Likes

Wait. Do you imagine that “bad guys” don’t know where the front door of their house is without a camera? Because he was knocking on the front door of a house.

Setting aside the bizarre “if a cop can imagine themselves in danger in any situation then they’re justified in doing anything” kind of paranoid pseudo-logic, that just… doesn’t make sense even if I try to be credulous.

17 Likes

bad guys often metabolize oxygen in their cells while ambushing the cops, so of course …

8 Likes

You need a sign that says “WARNING: HIGH VOLTAGE!” but which just emits an ear-splitting siren when the camera is touched.

9 Likes

Or just do a really really sloppy job wiring it up…

(but then it’s definitely a fire hazard as well)

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

A colleague had her car nicked off her drive by thieves who used some sort of jammer to take down the wireless signal, so her camera didn’t record them. The camera has now been replaced by a hardwired version. It isn’t even like her car was something fancy; so this seems like the gismo is readily available.

5 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: Demographics of law enforcement