14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

He could have done something far worse with that clock…

1 Like

Years ago I bought a mock dynamite cluster-with-clock at ArchieMcPhee that I don’t think…is still available, and sent it to my Dad. For whatever reason, he then traveled two legs of a domestic US flight before hitting the freak-out (they found it in his checked bags). He can laugh about it now, but he also believes he was added to the TSA watchlist for it. Gotta be one of the best gifts I’ve ever sent him.

If I’m not mistaken:

7 Likes

Is it a high pitched kind of laughter that trails off then comes back stronger and more unhinged when you least expect it?

9 Likes

It’s more of a low inheritance-what-inheritance chortle, really :smile:

6 Likes

Now I want to start a kickstarter that shoots confetti out of the tubes when the timer hits zero…shipping may be an issue though!

5 Likes

What I love about all this is that the torrent of cascading idiocy has made this enterprising young lad famous amongst just the sort of folks who’ll be interviewing him for a job in a few years :grin:

He’s already scored a squiz at a Mars rover, FFS! Definite net win. Young tech-heads, take note… :wink:

ETA: bwaaahahahahah: President Obama invites the boy who was arrested for making a clock to the White House :joy:

4 Likes

Where does this child go to school? The Wil E. Coyote School for Future Engineers?

3 Likes

I read that story in the news… hehe… clock making was a real art form back in the mid sixties… in Berkeley and general east bay area…

1 Like

getting kinda copycat thang… tic tic tic…

4 Likes

I have to tell you that I like your post. :green_heart:

5 Likes

I like that you liked their post.

5 Likes

You don’t need Weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

5 Likes

Roger that!

3 Likes

Acknowlidging in the afirmative.

4 Likes

10-4 good buddy!

4 Likes

Liked this.:heart:

2 Likes

And like this one, too.:heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for that! :purple_heart: