15-year-old Pennsylvania teen pens a peppy yet sad ode to 2020

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/21/15-year-old-pennsylvania-teen-pens-a-peppy-yet-sad-ode-to-2020.html

6 Likes

That SHOULD blow up. That’s better than almost anything else I’ve heard recently. It’s pop, yet distinct… charming and sweet… melancholy and optimistic! Great find and thank you for sharing it.

Hard to believe this whole thing was constructed by someone so young. Crazy good. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

12 Likes

First time I have seen a homemade music video. Kinda amazing to see what the kids are up to these days. Feels like coming home after the strange trip of musical tik toks.

3 Likes

I’d happily have this replace any one of about 50 tired, old Christmas songs that plague the public soundscape between October and December 25 every. damn. year.

1 Like

Nice. She’s got a great voice, the song has a nice vibe to it, just a little bit melancholy while still being upbeat. Kid’s going to have a career. Reminds me a little of Regina Spektor, and a little of Karen O (lead singer of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs).

1 Like

Rhyming Christmas with litmus is a little hard to take.

So is your hot take. If that’s the only criticism you got go take it elsewhere ya negative Nancy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.