150 greatest science fiction films of all time

Alasdair is truly one of the greatest;

5 Likes

ever read fiasco? its most likely my favorite of his;

2 Likes

Pretty solid list - I’ve watched all of these movies and like most of them - but I’d drop God Told Me To and add Time Crimes

I just read it right now; fury road after the hammer-quatermass at 30? what wicked insanity is this? but nice to see snowpiercer, despite being way more parable than really sf. oh? starship troopers at 11? nice but questionable.

e/ ohman, phase IV does not deserve to be that low down the list, should be at least in the first 50.

1 Like

And no Upstream Color

1 Like

didnt watched it so far cause I didnt cared much for primer, but I guess I have to give it now a try, yes? :grin:

1 Like

I’d say Edge of Tomorrow really is underrated. But putting it at #15 is certainly overrating it.

Anyway, I’ve seen 80 of these. So I have some SFnal goals now! :smiley:

4 Likes

now Im trough, think saw all of them except maybe 10? but no dredd listed? thats very disappointing.

1 Like

I’ve read some sci-fi that focused on women making significant changes to societies by having only girls. :thinking: I wonder if Children of Women would do better at the box office? :wink:

5 Likes

IMG_1640

3 Likes

Click bait articles like this are so effective. At least they were fairly transparent about the criteria: things they like and things they think needed more of a shout-out. Much of the list is stuff on my to-see list and more will be added to that list.

The assumed makeup of the body of people has already been discussed here. What gets me us that I always want to see a broad body of works from various perspectives all around the world. And then I see that, somehow, 90% or more of these greatest sci-fi films originate in America or Europe.

5 Likes

… “Logan’s Run,” “Silent Running,” “Westworld”

maybe “THX-1138” or “Network” :thinking:

1 Like

Didn’t even bother to look at the list.

I know what I like in my SciFi escapism, and I don’t need anyone else to agree with me.

4 Likes

I love how well that movie shows how much Spielberg can tell in one camera angle.

5 Likes

my next entry of whats missing;

The film’s theatrical run was apparently not commented on in the mainstream press… After its 1964 television debut, references to more than its title began to appear. In 1965, Susan Sontag briefly mentioned some story details in her essay on science fiction films entitled The Imagination of Disaster

1 Like

full version (best available version online, german/cc, eng/subs can be found at opensubtitles dot org);

and some more from the east (full version, restored, english subs. this is definitly the best version out there.);

*whispers softly

Nothing is “missing.”

Like whatever you like, and let others do the same.

Make your own lists.

started with that 30 minutes ago :wink:

Good for you, Glenn Coco.

:smiling_face:

1 Like
3 Likes