20 finalists in the US Championship Cheese Contest

Need to borrow that reaction for “NJ Cheese”…

5 Likes

This week, Science Friday is celebrating all things cheese:

6 Likes

Because Wisconsin has a reputation of being a cheesy state, there are places all along the interstates to purchase cheese. Over the years, offering varieties other than curd has proven invaluable to preserving this most Wisconsin of institutions.

5 Likes

Alexa, import into Amazon Wishlist.

6 Likes

Now I’m all hungry.

3 Likes

probably also why many butter and margarine products are colored today, and why some of the grass fed natural ones are so naturally dark in color.

1 Like

I scoff at this comment. Cheese by it’s very nature is PROCCESSED.

I raise you Kenji @ Serious Eats:

I’ll also add that the only true cheese on a burger is American Cheese.

3 Likes

It ain’t ez being cheesy. Thanks for the info it’s extremely informative.

It’s just that American Cheese is made out of some real cheese and processed with allot more mystery ‘stuff’ than I’d care to ingest. Grilled cheese is still made with Kraft Singles in my home. It’s delicious.

I’ll agree to say yes and no to it’s cheese. It’s still more of a cheese product closer to Velveeta than cheese to me.

1 Like

Went to St Louis. Had pizza made with Provel. Met expectations (which were pretty low).

@jlw Smoke is a flavor, and it’s delicious.
“I don’t think of flavoured gouda as actual cheese.”

You flavor gouda by aging it and cutting it super thin. Adding apricots and “smoke flavoring”? No, thanks.

2 Likes

11 Likes

I guess Easy Cheese didn’t make the cut.

7 Likes

I’ve made it a goal to try every cheese mentioned in that sketch. Got about half of them so far. Among the ones I haven’t been able to find is caerphilly, so I found something close.

10 Likes

You have made a powerful enemy on this day.

glare

8 Likes

They should go back to pink…

7 Likes

Deep inside you know I’m right. The original and true cheese on a burger will and always will be: American Cheese.

Period. (heh heh).

Wrong. There is no incorrect cheese to put on a burger (unless you count American cheese as cheese, which it’s not).

6 Likes

You modern kids with your hairless fetish…
I get proper merkin cheese from Robert Gober

12 Likes

Wow! that’s retro merkin indeed. Bravo.

3 Likes