2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Have you never watched Mythbusters?

3 Likes

ACAB

12 Likes

Correction: this was in one of Raleigh’s best known gay bars. When I saw the headline I thought that they’d shot up another one.

6 Likes
7 Likes

From a WaPo report on Trump’s stratospherically stupid press conference this morning:

Earlier during his news conference, Trump called Friday a good day for the man killed in Minneapolis, George Floyd: but it was unclear what he meant.

“Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement, regardless of race, color, gender or creed,” Trump said. “They have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. … We all saw what happened last week. We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this a great thing that’s happening for our country. There’s a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody. It’s a great day for everybody. There’s a great, great day in terms of equality.

The “great thing” he’s referencing is today’s job report, which showed a gain of 2.5 million jobs and an unemployment figure of 13.3%. Trump believes that the key to racial justice is returning the economy to its state previous to the pandemic, and is apparently unaware that the economic gains of the past decade were not equally distributed.

edit- added emphasis

13 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

At a glance, those two pieces of info would seem to directly contradict one another.

11 Likes

So, he’s a racist asshole? Yup, confirmed.

9 Likes

I think it’s +2.5M after the previous months’ -40M, so like a hill at the bottom of the ocean. He’s acting like we can breathe when we’re still so deep below the surface that no light is penetrating to our depth.

22 Likes

Oh, I understand; it’s not as utterly terrible as it was, but that still doesnt equate to being good.

Not to mention we havent seen what happens in the next two week time span with the virus; another spike seems inevitable, and that will affect the economy even more.

16 Likes

I don’t think Trump looks beyond the + and - signs.What happens tomorrow is unknowable (unless you’re cheating), and what happened yesterday is irrelevant. The number is bigger? Trump’s AMAZING. The number is smaller? UNFAIR! We’ll find out who’s at fault. Start heating up the pokers.

11 Likes

Thread

18 Likes
8 Likes
28 Likes
10 Likes

Fuck!

I cant ‘like’ that.

22 Likes
18 Likes

23 Likes
10 Likes