24 years after its release, Japanese bookstore simulator game BookStory is translated into English

Originally published at: 24 years after its release, Japanese bookstore simulator game BookStory is translated into English | Boing Boing

3 Likes

the download link for this seems to have a Trojan:Script/Oneeva.a!ml in it, which is pretty alarming?

2 Likes

VirusTotal doesn’t think it is a threat, but Windows Security quarantines the zip before it finishes downloading.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/75bc4ed0bf84976b258c76204c771e4fe211f28e92b3c2f331f6a0d941ac7ead/detection

Does someone want to run this in a sandbox to tell us what is going on?

2 Likes

I tried to get this to run in the original language - seems like it could be interesting practice - but I couldn’t get Japanese support the Win95 VM I was using. Shame, Kairo’s stuff is always worth a poke.

1 Like

Are the customers illiterate, rude assholes, like too many of the ones I had to try coping with? Do players get chained to cash registers for 8 hrs, dealing with idiots?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.