3-in-1 Smartphone Photography Lenses

I don’t think you can choose one where replaceable lenses is a budget option, because lens mounts are not easy (not cheap) and there are cheaper ways to make most people happy with their pictures using software and large cheap sensors with cheap lenses.

You’re an outlier, and that’s an expensive eigenstate to choose.

1 Like

It was never pensive.

2 Likes

But this one has a (possible-digitial-only) branded little box!

No need to get mouthy!

2 Likes

I have quite some experience with the M12x0.5 mounts from the early phase of the Sphericam project where I assisted. It is pretty cheap and pretty good.

I also did a mod of a GoPro camera with such lens mount (the vendor was selling a replacement part from a lousy 3d-printed plastic for a price that’d be more appropriate for machined and black-anodized aluminium, but anyway) so it could take a fisheye lens.

So I’d say that based on these practical experiences, this solution looks viable.

1 Like

How fine a thread? I’ve printed 0.6 mm pitch threads that work very smoothly with my hobby level FDM printer (Bukito). With 0.05 mm layers I could probably go even finer. The threads just have to be perpendicular to the build plane.

1 Like

Wow. That’s WAY better than what I expected! Male or female threads? What diameter?

I have very little of practical experience with 3d printing so far. A Kossel XL should be on my way, though. Also FDM.

I’ve printed both male and female. I’ve found that larger diameters work better, giving the plastic some time to cool seems to help, so I’d think the large diameter of a lens should be a help.

Pictured below is my “Deflater Mouse”. The nose engages the pin valve for tires and the like, the pin is for footballs and such. I designed from the specification of a Schrader valve (7.7 mm OD, thread root diameter is 6.9 mm × 0.794 mm pitch) and it fit perfectly the very first time.

KosselXL, sounds sweet. Have fun with that!

2 Likes

I had hoped for the review apparatchik. Link this not that, lube the threads with FJ11, etc. etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.