3 passengers faint on SkyWest flight, pilot dives 7,000 feet/min to land quickly

If I get my hands on that portable mass spectrometer, it could be fun to fly with it. I did some radiation measures in-flight, and air-quality analysis could be done in a similar way (program the thing, let it running in the carryon luggage; just take care to let the machine aspire the cabin air, not the closed-luggage air).
ToF MS is fairly simple, the main problem is the small-scale vacuum system…
…could two ToF MS rigs be placed in tandem? One with low-power ionization, one with high-power so it breaks the molecules from the first stage into pieces, and gate the first stage so a selected-weight ion bunch is deflected to the second stage, leaving the rest alone?

1 Like

Hmmm … not my field, but if you can do it, let me know the results! I expect when the phrase “flying is like sucking an exhaust pipe” hits the press, the industry will be a little sad!

1 Like

A380s have engine bleed for cabin air, too.

The 787 is the only airliner that doesn’t.

Totes sure? Then I’m looking forward to my first flight on a 787.

A380 does pressurise to about 6,000 feet - 2,000 less than others. Also they don’t let the air dry out. I step off that thing and I feel O.K.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.