United makes emergency landing when passengers become light-headed and nauseous

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/27/united-makes-emergency-landing.html

4 Likes

United Airlines, where the only acceptable harm to our passengers is that which we intentionally cause.

9 Likes

FWIW, that’s pretty much the opposite of what your linked article concludes. It’s impossible to rule out given what we know, but that’d be awfully quick for most kinds of food poisoning to manifest.

12 Likes

Maybe just a modern case of

3 Likes

Hmm, I hope none of the pilots had the fish while they were watching gladiator movies.

11 Likes

It’s pretty obviously lack of oxygen. I’ve had that on a flight before - some passengers felt it (me included) others didn’t. You feel lightheaded and nauseous. In our case, we told the flight crew, and the pilot brought the plane down to a low altitude, whereupon we all felt better fairly quickly.

7 Likes

Monoxide maybe? Or is that not a risk in planes?

Obligs.

10 Likes

drerrrry

5 Likes

10 Likes

Thank you! This seems very much a ‘correlation is not causation’ moment.

1 Like

13 Likes

I’m feeling light headed right now.

4 Likes

I came here for this, and am not disappointed.

3 Likes

The dinner choices were steak and lutefisk.

4 Likes

The people with yellow helmets are firefighters, not paramedics.

4 Likes

Man, I sure miss Leslie Nielsen. I think we could all use a laugh these days. Died 7 years ago tomorrow.

Nielsen died on November 28, 2010, of complications from pneumonia. The actor was surrounded by family and friends at a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the time of his death. He was 84 years old.

Coolest guy.

(from Forbidden Planet )

3 Likes

Descend to a lower altitude.

3 Likes

4 Likes

came for this, left happy.

1 Like