30 years of graffiti layers taken from a wall in The Netherlands

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/12/30-years-of-graffiti-layers-ta.html

6 Likes

Wow, that pink layer though. That must have cost a lot…

8 Likes

Based on the other picture, it looks like there’s just a small amount of thick pink.

7 Likes

I suspect maybe much of that layer came from a bucket, rather than a spray can.

7 Likes

What did the Shroud of Turin do in 1988?

Also who or what is “Dick Butt?” I’d Google it, but I’m sure I’d find a lot of misleading information.

2 Likes

4 Likes

It’s a meme. I believe it exists primarily on imgur, reddit, and the uglier parts of the internet (i’m not saying imgur is part of the ugly internet, but neither am i saying that reddit isn’t). Note @8080256256’s picture. If i recall correctly, someone decided to draw “a dick with a butt with a dick on it’s butt”.
People are marvelously strange.

7 Likes

@Auld_Lang_Syne
@8080256256

Thank you both.

I thought it might be something like that, or an annoying stand-up comedian known only to the Dutch.

4 Likes

Also Dutch and quite “famous”/known:

Also:
F&S about Snowden

2 Likes

Indeed.

1 Like

You should also check out fordite.

4 Likes

“We don’t want to be cynical, so we are going to vote”
“Then we are going to flip a coin”

Correct?

4 Likes

Completely correct. :slight_smile:

The other one:
"F&S have a tip for Snowden"
F: If you never want to be at front of an American judge, there is only one place where you can go.
S: …Guantánamo Bay.

Don’t need to explain they are highly cynical, black humour and political driven. :wink:

5 Likes

I would be more impressed by 30,000 years.

2 Likes

Fordite’s cousin, graffite.

3 Likes

Lascaux? Pfft; newfangled modernist rubbish. :wink:

2 Likes

2 Likes

1988 was when tests revealed the Shroud of Turin only dated to the Middle Ages. Meaning it’s not Jesus’s burial shroud.

Which, unsurprisingly, made no difference to its status as a holy relic whatsoever.

3 Likes

Well what if God… um… changed the test results? Maybe it’s a test!

1 Like

God created us last Tuesday just as we are. Every memory we have of before then is a false memory planted by God to test our faith.

3 Likes