30 years of graffiti layers taken from a wall in The Netherlands

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/12/30-years-of-graffiti-layers-ta.html

Wow, that pink layer though. That must have cost a lot…

Based on the other picture, it looks like there’s just a small amount of thick pink.

I suspect maybe much of that layer came from a bucket, rather than a spray can.

What did the Shroud of Turin do in 1988?

Also who or what is “Dick Butt?” I’d Google it, but I’m sure I’d find a lot of misleading information.

It’s a meme. I believe it exists primarily on imgur, reddit, and the uglier parts of the internet (i’m not saying imgur is part of the ugly internet, but neither am i saying that reddit isn’t). Note @8080256256’s picture. If i recall correctly, someone decided to draw “a dick with a butt with a dick on it’s butt”.
People are marvelously strange.

@Auld_Lang_Syne
@8080256256

Thank you both.

I thought it might be something like that, or an annoying stand-up comedian known only to the Dutch.

Also Dutch and quite “famous”/known:

Also:
F&S about Snowden

Indeed.

You should also check out fordite.

“We don’t want to be cynical, so we are going to vote”
“Then we are going to flip a coin”

Correct?

Completely correct. :slight_smile:

The other one:
"F&S have a tip for Snowden"
F: If you never want to be at front of an American judge, there is only one place where you can go.
S: …Guantánamo Bay.

Don’t need to explain they are highly cynical, black humour and political driven. :wink:

I would be more impressed by 30,000 years.

Fordite’s cousin, graffite.

Lascaux? Pfft; newfangled modernist rubbish. :wink:

1988 was when tests revealed the Shroud of Turin only dated to the Middle Ages. Meaning it’s not Jesus’s burial shroud.

Which, unsurprisingly, made no difference to its status as a holy relic whatsoever.

Well what if God… um… changed the test results? Maybe it’s a test!

God created us last Tuesday just as we are. Every memory we have of before then is a false memory planted by God to test our faith.