5,000 toy soldiers of the coming Civil War, order today

Originally published at: 5,000 toy soldiers of the coming Civil War, order today | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Post missing the comic? Or has the war happened already?

22 Likes

We missed it?

ETA Maybe it was a peaceful partition? *ducks*

25 Likes

So many battles, so many wars.

10 Likes

This headline reminds me of the commercials I saw as a kid advertising the commemorative Civil War chess set from Franklin Mint:

And I’m trying to imagine what an equivalent set for today’s world would look like. It would be pretty weird and one-sided.

One of Trump’s former advisors was once quoted as saying “President Trump is not playing the sort of three-dimensional chess people ascribe to decisions like this. More often than not he’s just eating the pieces.”

30 Likes

Came here to ask the same. Weirdly, it appears if I click the Ruben Bolling tag.

10 Likes

24 Likes

Seems all the militias are missing from the set.

Proud Boys, Oathkeepers, Three Percenters also sold separately.

50 Republican Senators and 212 Republican Representatives coming soon.

18 Likes

Fight For Your Right Reaction GIF by Beastie Boys

14 Likes

This needs the expansion media set –

– 10 Beltway pundits saying this is the same as BLM

– 5 NPR reporters bemoaning the way both sides don’t talk to each other any more

– 7 NY Times editors assigning reporters to cover Ohio diners instead

– 5 GOP consultants writing up the talking points for network reporters to repeat in a press conference

– 1 Russ Douthat insisting this isn’t a Civil War

– 1 Bret Stephens saying he has no choice but supporting this

– 3 over-70 former Democratic senators sitting around a green room waiting to mumble

– 1 Jeff Zucker deciding which one of those 3 former senators he’ll pair up with Megan McCain in what he is sure will be ratings gold

– 100 right wing clones repeating the same words in perfect lockstep

– 150,000,000 Facebook feeds containing this and nothing more

27 Likes

28 GOP Secretaries of State. Is that enough?

9 Likes

One Bannon to rule them all?

10 Likes

Seems like there should be more incels in that lot…

17 Likes

Someone get these on Thingiverse, stat.

10 Likes

Their moms wouldn’t let them go?

19 Likes

Nick Offerman Giggles GIF

13 Likes

That needs to be in the form of blind booster boxes. Each one has a small chance[*] of a chase Buff Donald Trump figurine (it has the physique he has in his own mind.)

[*] There were only two Buff Trump figures made, and Trump himself grabbed one before it made the packaging line. But I’m saying there’s a chance!

4 Likes

Actually they’ve already sold out…

38 Likes

Goddammit, the one time I see a BoingBoingStore™ ad I might be interested in, it’s a cartoon.

15 Likes

28 Isn’t the figurine number - now I understand.

1 Like