538 election analyst: "I think we can eliminate the “Biden landslide” scenario"

Ohio back to red with 70% votes counted. N. Carolina neck and neck. Dem gains in Texas but probably not enough to flip damnit. Fuck it looks like it’s down to the rust belt again…

8 Likes

Picked the wrong day to give up sniffing glue…

12 Likes

I haven’t cross-referenced the rules with which states have been called yet but many states started counting mail-in votes two weeks ago.

2 Likes

Nate Silver looking rough. Like, as in, “Who did you pay to be your profile pic?” rough,

3 Likes

Maine has only counted 12%. Way too early to call since most of the rural counties finishing counting first and will be more heavily Collins.

4 Likes

Looks like that sh-t weasel Lindsey Graham is keeping his senate seat, dammit.

10 Likes

I tried the “going to bed” thing. Ha ha ha, stupid me.

9 Likes

from here: https://www.npr.org/2020/10/23/926258497/when-will-mail-in-ballots-be-counted-see-states-processing-timelines

8 Likes

Good, it’s not over yet.

4 Likes

I will believe state results when all ballots per state are counted. That will be many days away in some places. IOW we have no fucking idea at this point. Wait and see.

3 Likes

McSally’s getting her ass kicked. Looking good.

8 Likes

Lindsey won - god fucking damn.

GA - Warnock/Loefler will go to a runoff.

10 Likes

Pot too.

2 Likes

I do not understand your country. I try, but I just don’t seem to get it. I have no idea how this election is even close.

20 Likes

Me either, and I live here. The pandemic alone should have been the decider in favor of Biden. But it’s a close race? Come on.

19 Likes

The GOP have an airtight minority. They’re all:

One race: white
One gender: patriarchs and the women who love them
One religion: prosperity gospel, artificially flavored Chtistians
One region: rural
One political group: conservative

This political cohort might only make up 40% of the population, but with gerrymandering, voter suppression, and dirty political tricks, it’s enough to hold most of the power in the country.

The Democrats, on the other hand, have to bring everyone else together, and they need about 60% of the vote just to tie with Republicans. This means Democrats can’t have as strong a coalition as Republicans because any cause they take up might fracture the party (such as taking a stance on medical care… universal care scares Centrists, but less than that upsets Progressives).

11 Likes

Racism

12 Likes

Virginia called for Biden.

10 Likes

Annnd Ohio goes trump.

2 Likes

Oh, for the sense of hope and comfort that was (checks watch) 3 hours ago.

3 Likes