538 election analyst: "I think we can eliminate the “Biden landslide” scenario"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/03/538-election-analyst-i-think-we-can-eliminate-the-biden-landslide-scenario.html

2 Likes

The question is what votes have been tallied and what ones are still outstanding.

5 Likes

“still a good chance”

:frowning_face:

16 Likes

248bf11b5ac8ea6da290e2c93809ead6|nullxnull

30 Likes

this new version of Doom Scrolling requires so much more alcohol than i was expecting.

34 Likes

Don’t use the NYT crap. That’s pure bullshit.

Landslide in play with what we’re seeing in Texas and Ohio, with or without Florida.

4 Likes

Hey, finally a really, really good excuse!

tenor (5)

11 Likes

Wait, what are we seeing there now again??

8 Likes

Biden with a big lead in TX, but with a lot of rural counties still to report. Essentially, the race will depend on turnout. If rural Trump supporters weren’t as motivated because they thought TX was a lock, Biden could pull out a surprise there.

And Ohio at this point likely to go Biden. If you’re keeping score at home rather than recognizing we won’t know shit until at least Friday.

7 Likes

According to the WaPo, a dead heat in Texas and a 3% margin for Biden in Ohio.

On the severely depressing tip, Susan Collins appears to have destroyed Sarah Gideon. No idea what that will look like in the days to come.

5 Likes

As a Texan in San Antonio, I never had to wait more than 5 mins to early vote in my life. I had to wait an hour and a half this year. It’s possible.

12 Likes

They’re also only 5% reported in at the moment, and nobody’s calling it yet.

7 Likes

There’s hope then, that’s good. WaPo’s senate returns are frustrating to interpret. Also, I’m flashing back hard on 2016. I keep reminding myself that this is going to be a long process but the panic rises anyway. Should probably go to bed.

8 Likes
8 Likes

A win is still a win.

2 Likes

We’re not there yet. No chicken counting yet.

5 Likes

Oh look, I live in exactly the kind of country I thought I did.

8 Likes

I just had to promise my son that if Trump wins I will let him yell at the TV and also teach him a few new curse words.

14 Likes

And how to clean a weapon or run from DHS or how to slip across borders or how to forge a passport or how to speak Chinese or Russian etc etc

Young people are going to be in for a ride if he wins

4 Likes

Right?

What’s with so many confident calls for so many states already? Aren’t there still literally tons of mail-in ballots to be counted?

5 Likes