57,000 year-old wolf pup found frozen in the Arctic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/26/57000-year-old-wolf-pup-found-frozen-in-the-arctic.html

5 Likes

57,000 years old is rather an advanced age to still be calling it a “pup” oh . . . wait, i get it.

5 Likes

If they keep digging there will be a frozen guy underneath the wolf, wearing a wristwatch.

3 Likes

Did they name it Seymour? Nobody tell Fry.

6 Likes

I was hoping they would find the pup’s collar and tags, maybe call up the owner but oh well…

2 Likes

And we have, what, fifty years to find all of these before they’re gone forever.

2 Likes

Awww… floofy mummy

2 Likes

XS5LK

3 Likes

4 Likes

I just hope that keeping a few flamethrowers around as a precaution is standard operating procedure for paleontological work like this.

3 Likes

You lose two research stations in the span of a few weeks and suddenly everyone gets paranoid. Sheesh

4 Likes

They get used to being called pup at an early age, so calling them pup at 14 or 57,000, it’s intimacy. I think “good pup” probably conveys more to Pokey at 14 than “good dog”.

Though one time I think it confused a crossing guard when she looked up and saw no puppy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.