58 killed and at least 515 injured by gunman in Vegas

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/02/at-least-50-killed-200-injure.html

3 Likes

If anyone has a shallow pit for lease, or, even better, for sale; I would like to know. I need to crawl into it and wail, softly.

26 Likes

They have posted a picture of the alleged murderer and reported that they’ve found the woman associated with him.

This should open a serious discussion leading to banning military type weapons and those that can be modified for automatic shooting.

I doubt it will. This guy isn’t a foreign terrorist - jeez - he’s a senior citizen. Without this weapon his ability to kill multiple people was really unlikely.

960D1A84-11A8-49D9-A076-5C1D9D2642FFI

41 Likes

I just don’t understand how somebody can hate a bunch of random strangers this much.

24 Likes

I bet Republican officials everywhere are preparing hearty packages of “thoughts and prayers” for the victims families as we watch the events unfold.

39 Likes

Does he have a 13 tattooed on his throat, or is that an artifact of photography/shadow/not what I’m seeing?

9 Likes

I blame hitler

He’s just taking a stand for the second amendment.

I salute you, patriot! :us::fire:

7 Likes

It was nothing personal.

3 Likes

Waiting for the manifesto.

3 Likes

My deepest sympathies and all my love to those effected.

7 Likes

well. Starting early today…

20 Likes

Showing footage of panicked people does not serve this community well.

10 Likes

no. not having smart and sensible gun control discussions and laws DOES NOT SERVE THIS OR ANY OTHER GOD DAMN COMMUNITY WELL.

70 Likes

I support the complete ban on firearms.

15 Likes

But you have to balance this horror against all the GOOD that has come from allowing private citizens to own automatic weapons, like… uh…

50 Likes

Remember, folks, people are dead. Let’s not “politicise” this tragedy by turning this into another debate on access to powerful firearms. After all, he could have easily killed 50 people and wounded 200 from a distance with a baseball bat or knife – you gonna ban those, hmmmm Second Amendment haters?

64 Likes

I think it’s time to bring this article out again:

That horror cannot be blamed just on one unhinged person. It was the sacrifice we as a culture made, and continually make, to our demonic god. We guarantee that crazed man after crazed man will have a flood of killing power readily supplied him. We have to make that offering, out of devotion to our Moloch, our god. The gun is our Moloch.

Asking when America will finally enact gun control laws is like asking when America will stop finding ways to murder its brown citizens, or stop urging its male children to engage in sports that cause concussive brain injury: the answer is never, because such things are deeply sacred parts of America’s national religion and cannot be questioned or interfered with.

46 Likes

Absolutely. After Sandy Hook I really thought the country would come to its senses, but all that 20 dead children resulted in was more of the same plus accusations about “crisis actors.”

[ETA: other hoaxes about victims and a (liberal or or antifa or Muslim, natch) perp are already starting. This country sucks.]

32 Likes

Those concert goers were all obviously abortion providers, or Muslims, or both.

7 Likes