60 Congressional Democrats form a Medicare For All caucus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/19/dems-with-spines.html

8 Likes

Hopefully, this is the nudge that will get the ball rolling!

9 Likes

“Medicare for All” vs “Medicare for Nobody”! Let the battle commence!

10 Likes

they need to just say “healthcare for all” and stop messing with words

are people afraid or angry that some other people are going to be “too healthy” ? they are going to take more than their “fair share” of being healthy? some people deserve to be “more healthy” than others?

there are still millions of people in the USA without access to healthcare because half of the state governments sued Obama to purposely create a “working poor” hole in the health insurance scheme and the supreme court said it was perfectly valid (one of those 5-4 decisions we are going to suffer for decades now)

See the “no coverage” part? That’s me. I had to use $100 of my rent money last time I was really sick to go to a clinic in CVS and it was a completely horrible experience, even worse they didn’t help at all.

5 Likes

Outrageous. These Dems are going to cut the income or destroy the jobs of tens of thousands of parasites and middlemen who benefit from the current system.

11 Likes

I’m a parasite, and I vote!

3 Likes

We need this guy:

4 Likes

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is leading the way to the party of now and tomorrow. Put her on the covers of Time and Newsweek and all the newspapers and news aggregator sites.

2 Likes

@bb4me
“they need to just say “healthcare for all” and stop messing with words”

America doesn’t seem to know the difference between Health Care and Health Insurance. So perhaps the term ‘medicare for all’ is a good term - people seem to understand that medicare provides Health Care, which is very different than what private health insurance provides.

2 Likes

Try to sell it to the right as a Bismarck model:

“What? A white reactionary autocrat who started three wars came up with this? Maybe there is something in it after all!”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.