7 pack of cheap micro-usb cables, because I keep losing them

[Read the post]

3 Likes

I donā€™t lose them, but I do ruin the little ā€œteethā€ that keep the cable seated in the socketā€¦ one of these days I need to see if I can pop them back up, but until then thank goodness for cheap cables.

3 Likes

As much as I hate buying new lightning cables, I loathe micro-USB. The only upside is they are easy to repair and the cables are super cheap, but they break constantly for me. Iā€™ve had to exchange the USB/speaker PCA in my Nexus twice since 2012 because it fell of a shelf and hit the cable connector.

1 Like

I have no idea where the hell they go.

5 Likes

Nemo, bad puppy!!

11 Likes

Some interdimensional being is probably using them along with all of the USB chargers that disappear from my wifeā€™s possession.

7 Likes

Weā€™ve gone through many types of crappy USB Micro B cables in my household. The survivors are the Tripp-Lite UR050 series. The A end is also reversible (it doesnā€™t exist in 4D space). (Notable failures are the Molex 68784 series and Monoprice.)

5 Likes

They end up in my girlfriendā€™s bag. Everything ends up in there, even our friendā€™s hideously expensive ā€˜invisibleā€™ dental braces (discovered after turning the house upside down and strenuous denials that they couldnā€™t possibly be in there, because why would they be). It wouldnā€™t surprise me at all if she somehow had all your usb cables somehow.

12 Likes

Are you sure sheā€™s not housing a small black hole in there? Should we call CERN?

5 Likes

No. No, I am not. That bag is huge and it eats things.

8 Likes

We like these guys: http://www.amazon.com/Magic-T-Charging-Braided-Samsung-Android/dp/B00ZWS3ZF2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Long, sturdy, and brightly colored.

1 Like

They come to my house, because I donā€™t know why I have so many!

3 Likes

I think they turn up in my cupboard. I seem to have an endless supply of USB chargers and cables. And none of them ever seem to break. I even have some old BlackBerry and webOS chargers and cables which I plan to donate to the Science Museum.

There is a theory that some people are sources and some are sinks for various things, which is why some people are always losing socks, coat hangers, paper clips and ballpoint pens, while others are always finding them. I even have a freezer full of the snows of yesteryear, they just build up. Somewhere a French poet is probably wondering where his have got to.

6 Likes

All it will take is one person with a vulgar mind to derail this thread completely. Fortunately I do not have such a mind.

2 Likes

Well, as long as it has that 18 ā€œMounthā€ Warranty, what could possibly go wroung?

13 Likes

Are micro usb cables the new lighter?

ā€œOk, everyone check their pockets before they leave. Who has my micro usb cable?ā€

4 Likes

I donā€™t lose my cables. The micro ends simply always get destroyed by friends(?) who try to jam them into their iPhones. :disappointed:

6 Likes

13 Likes

This is what happens to all the safety pins, anyway: http://www.leprecon.org/w62/OrAllTheSeasWithOysters.pdf

2 Likes

ā€œNever Lose Anything Again - Tile Locates Your Keys in Secondsā€Žā€

ā€œFind Lost Items In Secondsā€

Anyone have any experience with those RFID tiles that are supposed to help you locate lost keys/keyrings? Do these work?

If yes, maybe use a metal jump ring to attach those tiles to the USB cables Jasonā€™s house is swallowing like a black hole?

Disclaimer: I have zero experience with using RFIDs to keep track of things. I have zero financial or other interests in the two companies whose links appear here.

1 Like