71-year old grandma Doña Angela outpaces famous chefs on YouTube

We couldn’t find them locally, either. If you’re really hankering to try it, we ordered them from here:

Later we went down to South Carolina on vacation and found a store that stocked a lot of Badia stuff, so stocked up on bags of all sorts of dried peppers.

3 Likes

TBF I prefer Mayordomo but it’s harder to get. I guess the Nestlé thing will explain that. I think Mayordomo is maybe a bit less sweet and a bit more spice to it. Which is obviously going to work for me, I guess it was more an abuelita using Abuelita I found cute!

I’d struggle to afford the quantity of smoked peppers in her dishes but they look great and I can almost smell them.

2 Likes

I’d struggle to eat the quantity of smoked peppers, myself. :fire: :fire_extinguisher:

#whitepeopleproblemsforfolksofeuropeandescent

#iwishtobuyyourentirestockofomeprazole

2 Likes

I’d give it a hell of a try! I actually can buy morita and pasilla etc. here now which is great, but you really couldn’t buy that amount. Which is reasonable.

Though I’ll probably never get to Mexico again. Which makes me sad.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, but it looks like they only allow orders from North America, so as a European that’s a no-go for me. Sourcing these kinds of things where I live is generally reliant on some local specialty retailer importing it, as buying and shipping food internationally can be pretty tricky.

I’m lucky as this shop is just around the corner:

It’s a bit cheaper than the link above from the couple I looked at and postage might not be huge as you are only looking at say four packages of 50g each so it would be under the 250g level which ratchets up the cost (last I tried). Lilly, who owns the shop, had this book published last year:

It’s a gorgeous book with beautiful illustrations rather than photographs. And a handy size for the kitchen.

Must pop in over lunch to get some stuff. I can never have too many tortillas or types of chillies.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.