80 songs from the 80s, performed by members of Magnetic Fields, TMBG, and more

Originally published at: 80 songs from the 80s - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Kamala Harris Judging You GIF by Saturday Night Live

Really?

But anyway! This sounds excellent! thanks for putting it on our radar!

4 Likes

It was either that or link to my 6000-word deep dive into every reason why Amanda Palmer is a terrible person. I thought I was taking the polite approach.

3 Likes

Feel free to link to that (or don’t mention her at all?)… But it’s kind of a low blow, doubly so considering all the other stuff coming out about Gaiman and how people are somehow trying to pin the blame on her for him possibly being a creep. :woman_shrugging: My $.02…

3 Likes

Eek, I hadn’t realized that anyone was trying to hold her accountable for anything he had done. I actually thought I was taking the more positive tack of trying to distance her from him in that regard. But clearly that didn’t work. Definitely get your point here on that front.

3 Likes

I probably need that essay to be honest. I always had the ick about her.

Neil though… well let’s just say that I had a firm “no” told me about him from somebody in the same town book scene that as he was in at some point. I just assumed it would emerge eventually. It’s a pity but I’ve had that in my mind about him for a long time at this stage.

4 Likes

I wish the full playlist were available now, it would be cool to see the lineup and variety of tunes.

2 Likes

It hasn’t been updated in a decade now but:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.