90-year-old woman bitten by venomous snake stomps on it, then drives herself—and the snake—to church

I totally understand this. It was Craft Night, dammit and nothing and nobody better get between me and Craft Night

8 Likes

I recall seeing green snakes out in the Des Plaines and a few other forest preserves around Chicago. Since I have a fairly large backyard now and spend a bit of gardening or out in the local woods, I’d expect to see at least a garter snake once in a while!

1 Like

Thinking back to some of the elderly women in the church where I grew up … yeah, I’d easily accept that premise.

5 Likes

I’m reminded of an incident involving an elderly relative of mine who has never been quite ‘all there.’

She lived in a rural area and enjoyed gardening. A neighbor’s grade-school kid would sometimes wander over to ‘help’ her with yard/garden stuff.

One day she found a tiny snake in her yard. She put it in a jar and gave it to the kid so that he could have it as a pet. (Yeah, you can guess what’s coming.)

The kid’s parents were rightfully cautious. They found someone to identify what kind of snake it was, and it turns out that ‘cute little baby snake’ was mildly venomous.

Fortunately, no one was bitten. And the kid’s parents didn’t try to sue, or even get law enforcement involved, for giving their young child a live venomous snake. I’m not sure I would have been so forgiving. The end.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.