A 90-year life in weeks, months, and years

Originally published at: A 90-year life in weeks, months, and years | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Very sobering.

I’ve found that looking at time through archaic or unusual units of time can give one a fresh new perspective.

4 Likes

It’s why I try to avoid saying things like “glad this week went fast” or “can’t wait till Friday.”

4 Likes

A sobering linear look at a human life span. Can we do a pie chart next, I like pie.

5 Likes

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.” Carl Sandburg

2 Likes

Fascinating history, that:

3 Likes

No thanks. I don’t need to add to the stress of the day by getting into an existential funk.

4 Likes

suspiciously that almost sounds like ayn rand quote :thinking:

1 Like

Attributed to Sandburg, apparently.

1 Like

I like the idea from the article where each week is a .05 carat diamond, which yields one teaspoon of these small diamonds. And then it suggests two ways to spend each of them, enjoying them or using them to help others. Very nice.

This makes me recall that many here at BB like to think of time in terms of an event relative to another event. For instance, WW2 might seem like a long time ago, ancient history to some, but there are lots of people around that remember it firsthand, or even participated in it. I’m always thinking in terms of relative time like this.

BTW, who is Dr Angela and why is she sending so many people to that website? People like to comment about that!

C’est la vie.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.