Dare you enter this site to see how many weeks of life you have left?

Originally published at: Dare you enter this site to see how many weeks of life you have left? | Boing Boing

2 Likes

http://www.deathclock.com/

17 Likes

That’s backwards. No respect for the verities these days.

20 Likes

12 Likes

Interesting. BMI doesn’t make that much difference for my life expectancy – about a year. I’d think it would be more.

3 Likes

2031 really seems like tomorrow.

4 Likes

Geez, that’s some weak ass shit math & calc. No thanks.

9 Likes

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Apparently I am a mutant zombie!

15 Likes

Whatever. To quote Dave Lister, I’ll go out the way I came in - kicking and screaming.
And later than the doctors said I would.

10 Likes

Is it trying to be maximally depressing or just uninformed about actuarial statistics? Average life expectancy at birth is much less informative than average life expectancy given your current age. If I tell it I’m 50, for example, it should know that my expected age at death is 80, not 76. If I’m 60, it’s 82, 70 is 84, etc.

8 Likes

That chart is so dumb! Says I’m supposed to die at 57 and I am 57…

**** AAAAACK *******

(thud)

10 Likes

Once you wrap your head around this, you will start to notice and resent all the ways that time, the only thing you have, is relentlessly stolen from us by corporations who only value money and people who only value their own time.

4 Likes

Oh, it’s more than 2 weeks in the future. I guess I’ve got time for a game before starting my work…

:smiley:

2 Likes

According to that site, I shouldn’t take anything out of the freezer that would take more than a few hours to thaw. :scream:

10 Likes

Looks like I got until age 76. Seems generous, considering my dad and both grandfathers checked out pre-70s.

1 Like

I’ll be 40 this year, and I’ve become acutely aware of how many of each season I have left. It hasn’t made me stop sitting inside in front of the A/C in summer with the curtains closed, or gotten me off my ass to cross-country ski in the park more, but it’s there in my head, doin’ somethin’.

2 Likes

No, thanks. Last thing I need is to have another existential crisis.

5 Likes

Uh oh! It looks like I only hav

7 Likes

The chart tells me I don’t have time to work through any of my current existential crises let alone take on new ones.

3 Likes

Could not having the time to work through any of your current existential crises be yet another existential crisis?

4 Likes